• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water reports - Fall 2007

Fished this morning before I went to my sisters for dinner caught 8 walleyes only 3 keepers the rest were short.They were all caught jigging synthetic hair jig with stinger hook very lite biteing and right on the bottom in 20 fow.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out last night to do some casting It took a total of 5 minutes to get my limit.They were stacked like cord wood it seems when the wind blows out of the WNW OR WSW they come out of the wood work.When the wind stops they stop typical late fall routine.I fished for 2 hrs and lost count at 20 very good night wink.gif.

toddspics159vd8.jpg

Insurance Guy I hope you take some warm clothes to Quinte Its goin to be Fridged.

Here's Todd with a hot afternoon report. Thanks for rubbing that in Todd appreciate that wink.gif you think you could add a little butter with that blush.gifgrin.gif

Timmy, heres the ones from this afternoon oh yea my dog says he likes walleyes too hes sticking his tounge out at you...

toddspics162ix3.jpg

The one who really catches the fish wink.gifgrin.gif

toddspics156yq9.jpg

Thanks Tim for posting the pics again wink.gif I had to send you the one with the dog I thought that was a cool.gif picture.As long as the wind keeps blowing the waldos will keep biteing they are packed with shad,perch,emeralds and so on.

Steve, I know its cold this would have been a good weekend you don't even need the boat the fire line don't work to good but mono is the next best wink.gif.One thing good about the cold only the die hards are out there and there aren't many of those grin.gif

Went to the Niagara Bar with my neighbor on Monday for a few hours. We landed about 20 fish (actually that's kind of a slow, but not a bad day there), including Lakers, Browns, a Coho, and a Smallmouth. They all went right back in.

Neighbor's best Brown;

289239812.jpg

My best Laker of the day..

289239810.jpg

289240827.jpg

Their waiting for you there DC !!!

Quote:

Wow todd, they are coming right in the shallows during the day now? The fall/winter feed bag must be on. We've been doing good down on our end, we ended up with a couple of 27" last night and one 29".

Lee, the fish don't venture to far from there feeding grounds unless the bait moves out.You know Bait means Fish this time a year wink.gifgrin.gif.

Billy3B - those pictures are turture. Last time I was up was 02 and 03. What would you guess for a weight on that biggest laker? Thats either some awesome trick photography or a 20+ pounder...

My digital crapped out in 03 but heres a mixed bag from our 02 trip...

This was the year we met you out on the bar, date on picts are dec 10-13th

dsc00104bw1.jpg

This was the lower end of the artpark drift. Were there many people fishing that drift? We did a dozen steelies that morning before going down river after eyes, browns, and lakers...

dsc00119tv0.jpg

Wish I knew the river better to describe this eyes spot to ya...An 8 and 10 pounder. In 03 I got a 12pd 30 incher..

dsc00109gq3.jpg

dsc00108zj3.jpg

This accident out on the bar was a hoot on a 7ft jigging stick. Didnt know what I had hooked but knew it wasn't a laker...

dsc00106sq7.jpg

Here was another accident on our walleye spot...

dsc00115wg8.jpg

We talked about hooking our friends Bill W's lund and taking a trip this year. You keep on em and maybe we'll be out? Till then I got alot of pictures to look through. 03's pictures were actually better but there on film...

LOL, No tricks !!

They get allot bigger than that! Some guy from Ohio was trolling for Walleyes on Erie (I was out on the water that day, but didn't see it), and by accident caught the NYS record Laker... 40 pounds !! Imagine pulling that in when you have a walleye rod in your hand!

We had time to weigh that one, it was 28.5, but we had to get it back in the water fast, they die easy, especially in cold water after a long fight. It was well over 40" though.

Here's a 20 from a couple years ago;

56572738.jpg

And a nice warm weather 'bow;

284065660.jpg

Hurry up, but they'll keep the ramp open for ya all winter..

289926591.jpg

289926590.jpg

You can even get a comfortable rent-a-boat !!!

289354717.jpg

b3B - That last picture, dont lie to me - the dude with the fishing rod looks just like a younger(much younger) version of you!

Many people targeting browns on the "coast guard" or "jaskson" drift? And how about the steelies at Artpark?

That had to be one very cold winter for the river to ice up that much...

We launched at Fort Niagara because there's no ice right now, and we always have the best luck on the Bar. The Fort launch is almost right next to the CG.

There was nobody at the CG, and we weren't up the river far enough to see the Art Park drift.

That ain't me in the boat, I don't look good in shorts, never did !!

289937484.jpg

I'll e-mail you some info on all the drifts on the lower Niagara

Great pictures guys! Jay I can't believe you guys have not gone back up there, that place has some prehistorically ugly fish grin.gif Tyler and I went to the barber to get our "High and Tites" before Tyler leaves for the School of Infantry in Camp Geiger which is near Jacksonville, NC. The phone rang and it was Todd. Bob and Todd were netting a load of buckeyes and putting them in to tanks off Oneida creek. Missed the operation as Bob had just topped off the tank before he went back to put them in hi holding pond but I got to the set-up by the bridge. Bob is a licensedby NY state distributor of bait and if you get minnows in NY state most likely there Bob's. Anyhow we just had to go down to the pier and throw a few shots and Todd caught a small one and had a better one on that he lost at the wall. I had a bump but didn't connect. Tyler would have fished but I don't want him making his bronchitis any worse and just him standing outside with us he was coughing way to much to get out of the van. How did you make out after we left Todd?

Just got back from the Big O this morning It was line freezeing tangled up mess day mad.gif.Only seen one walleye caught I had no bumps or nothing.I love fireline and powerpro but it really sucks in the cold unless you have a hut around you.

Timmy my buddy that ties my jigs called me at 10:30am this morming he finally got out of the Bush grin.gifafter a year and a half.I told him about the jigs he made for me and how they are produceing very well he said he had more and when he comes up for air he will get me some more.

Quote:

I told him about the jigs he made for me and how they are produceing very well he said he had more and when he comes up for air he will get me some more.

Good I'm tired of watching you kick my a$$ in the canal. grin.gif

Tim, I got skunked again this morning confused.gif I think Its almost time to put the long poles up and get the short rods out wink.gif unless we keep having wait Im not even going to go there come on ICE Im ready to cut some holes in the hard water (VERTICAL BABY.)

I here ya Todd, it's been another good open water season with you, Tuzzy, Jimmy and Frank. Well be back on it in a few months. Thanks again for giving me the knowledge to enjoy those trips, early season perching and eyes, summer long crappies and eyes and perch in the fall. We had some good times bouncing around in the tracker and now well be in the fish traps shortly, we are blessed. grin.gif

Hey Timmy nice talking with ya today!! Here's some of the fish we took up at Quinte. Got there and on the water Friday afternoon about 3pm and fished morning, late afternoon and into the night on Saturday and left early Sunday morning. Took a while to figure out the fish being my first time there but we did 2 on Friday and 14 on Saturday with 12 of the fish being over 7lbs!! Some pics of the biggest ones.

20071123_0024.jpg

20071124_0029.jpg

20071124_0037.jpg

20071124_0038.jpg

20071124_0040.jpg

20071124_0042.jpg

20071124_0043.jpg

20071124_0049.jpg

20071124_0051.jpg

20071124_0050.jpg

20071124_0055.jpg

I definitely plan on going back there next year in November grin.gif I've never seen walleye fishing like that where a 5lber is small ooo.gif