• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water reports - Fall 2007

Nice report Lee!

Todd, Jimmy, LJ and I went out for a few hours this evening in Jimmy's bass boat. The water was pretty rough on the main lake so we stayed with the protected areas of the lake passing time catching smallmouths in anticipation of the wind dying down a bit so we could go out to the walleye grounds. We started out at 5 p.m. and the winds didn't subside til a light chop until 8:30 but the action was flat out sick from then till 10:30 p.m. when we came off the lake. We kept a few but released a bunch. Had so much fun catching that I didn't shoot many pictures. LJ slept through all the excitement, that kid can sleep anywhere and through anything:D I felt sorry for Todd his right shoulder was given him alot of trouble and he unfortunately has to work this morning. I caught most of my fish on a #10 husky jerk wink.gif

Here's a nice slob that went back in the lake

1000712oq1.jpg

Here's Jimmy with a nice eater he released...

1000715tw4.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still alot of weeds for our normal spots on our end, dad went down last night and tried a few cast but just couldn't get more then 3 really slow reels in without a mess of weeds on the thunderstick. He had the cordless spot light and saw a bunch of bluegills but no walleye's.

Heard the crappies are on a good bite on your end at night with minnow or jigs?

Hey guy's,

Looks like Cindy and I left too early ehhh? We were really tempted to stay one more night and try our luck. Now we wish we had. Glad the lake died down enough to allow you all to hit the "hump" and boat some Eye's. I really believe that Cindy is hooked on the Lake and I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't become our vacation spot. We're going to look for a spot to put the 5th wheel somewhere near there for next summer. It's funny what a few Waldo's and a real scrappy Smallie can do to get someone stoked on fishing, all she talks about is the next trip.

Timmy and Todd, I can't thank you guy's enough for all your assistance and help getting Cindy and I on the fish. Your experience on the lake definately show's. Todd just wanted to tell you Cindy enjoyed having you join us on the boat even though she said she felt a little slighted that I wasn't "paying enough attention" to her....LOL. Seriously guy's we had a super time and will be up therew again SOON!

Well got to go get some more of the honey-do-list things done so I can head up this weekend........YEEE-Ha!

Until then.......Tight Line's

Steve,no problem bud any time wink.gifit started raining monday mid morning and we are finnally getting some measureable ammounts.I hope this goes on the rest of the week cool.gif I have a feeling there will be some hogs grin.gif lurking around when you come up.Talk to ya later.

Steve - I don't know what's going on I can't send you email it keeps getting kicked back? Anyhow Tuzzy and I had to put in a mail in order on those cranks, hope we get em before ice season confused.gif

Nice talking to you this morning and I hope you guys have another outstanding weekend on the water. Save some fish for me pal... With Todd as your host you can't go wrong wink.gif

I do think Todd's gonna need some motrin and a shoulder rub down after this weekend blush.gif

Dad and I made a run up the salmon river yesterday and had a real good trip. Not jam packed with fish but plenty moving. Morning started off slow, fish around but so were hundreds of yahoos. We both hooked a bunch and landed one each. I had a nice female I kept to keep the eggs for fishing and give the fish away. We left at noon to meet some of dads friends at thier campsite. I had the fish tied up back behind us in very shallow water and low and behold someone had walked off with it. Oh well they needed it more than me and they are a dime a dozen. After a nice cook out in the rain we headed back to the river before 4. And we were into fish solid till dark. The rain had really thinned out the crouds and we had a ball, hooked up fairly constant and both landed a bunch...

Sadly the camera was a few hours away at home...

Jay that's a sloid report on them Salmon and you guys fished some nasty conditions. I talked to Todd and Steve and they slammed the walleyes good last night 30-40 I think and Steve caught a nice 26" hog. They went back out today and put a hurting on the crappies in the afternoon plus they nailed 4 walldogs first thing this morning. Well my Dad and brothers will be coming to the house here shortly and then it's off to Cleveland in the early morning. See you guys on here Monday and have a good weekend...

I was at Pulaski doing some rubber necking on Sunday and was keeping my eyes out for you and Pops even though I knew you guys were in a "private" spot. Lots of fish to be had and the weather was great. Saw lots caught . . . even in the mouth!

Tim,

Thanks for adding our trip in the post. Finally got on here and figured I'd add a bit. I finally got to Todd's about 4pm and after a few hello's we headed out to the Lake only to find the weather was more than willing to meet us with a solid rain showers. Not the heavy downpour but rain all the same. We decided to head on out to a shallow flat that Todd figured would hold some fish. After a bumpy boat ride and a wet, well we'll just say everything we arrived to the spot. We did a couple test drift to figure out how things would play, set the anchor and I think Todd already had a fish on before I touched a rod. Other than the rain and such it turned out to be a night that you read about. I could not believe the fish were in this area like they were. I don't know if these fish were coming out of the surrounding deep water and coming up for a snack or what but when we left we left them biting.

Friday was not your typical day as mother nature decided to throw us darn near gale force winds out of the NW and white caps so there was no way we wanted to test the rough water capabilities of the Lund. The boat more than likely would of handled it a lot better than Todd and I. We opted to fish in protected waters to see what we could do there. Well Todd commenced to boat a huge Small mouth and after a few cast of my own I boated a nice Waldo nothing big but a good eatin' size. A dozen more cast and Slammmm! I get hit and this fish feels better, sure enough measured just shy of 27". After a quick pic back in the water she goes. The rest of the day we played with the panfish and called it an early day.

Saturday morning arrive's "HAPPY 40Th B-Day Todd" we hit the water and of course the lake is not cooperating again but we managed a respectful stringer, ok, live well with Waldo's. Tried out in the lake but nothing doing so some panfishing was in order. Called it a day and with the given weather forcast I decided to head south and spend some time with Cindy. Todd Thank you very much for the great time fishing and as always it was a pleasure spending time with you on the water. We'll have to do it again....SOON! Next time Cindy will join us though....LOL

Got to run for now, I'll post pic's later if I can figure it out.

Tight lines everyone!

Steve

Frankie - No private spot for us on the river, we got one on a trib but the fish aren't there yet. We were a short ways below town with hundreds of our closest friends mad.gif

Steve - Glad your getting into fish, its an amazing fishery. We'll connect one of these trips...

Yea figured the crowd was further toward the Lake. Successful outing last night by myself. 20 minutes three on a stringer and out of there (neighbor measured them,21, 19, 16). 4 waders came in the same time with zip. One other close by also had a limit. Saw no one else catch any waldos but a couple of bass landed. Silver black Challenger . . . weeds are slooowly disappearing.

Jay,

I look forward to sharing the water with you and your Dad. We've talked about it for quite a while now. Hopefully this winter or sooner it will happen. We need to have an Icefishing get together with Tim, Todd, Tank, yourself, Cindy, and I. Should be a great time.

Wow Frank I'm just happy you remember how to cast!! Did you say "fore" on accident on your errant casts?? smile.gif HA!! anyway ALL I had to change my name a litle and re-register. so here i am again, I'm Sure your All excited!!

well here's a pic of my son with a respectable Crappie form "O". Thanks to timmy and Todd for the good night on O last week with the boy, it was a blast, just gotta find time maybe tonight to try out my new "secret" lure!!!

web page

Jimmy - Fore!!!! That's a classic... grin.gif

Frank - Good job buddy. Thanks for the call last night Todd was fishing the east end and did well in the canal, caught 4 all released biggest one he caught was 23 right immediately after I talked to him on the cell. Like that's never happened before grin.gif

Challengers and small x-raps first, Frenzies in a couple of weeks. North Shore was putting a duck blind together in his garage don't know if he got out last night or not.

Steve - Tuzzy, Todd and I will be in the boat Wednesday.

Tim, Todd and crew.......

Looks like the second weekend in Nov the silver Walleye express will be towing the Lund up there. As it stands right now Cindy's and my schedule is going to work out and allow us to head up. Look out Waldo and smalley's Cindy is on a mission. Be great if everyone could meet that weekend.

More to follow........

That weekend is bad for me Steve we won't get back to the very wee hours of the morning Sat a.m. after picking up Tyler, however maybe I can pursuade Momma after appearances into taking my new Marine for a late Sat evening jaunt to the lake. Sunday will be the Browns/Steelers game at the Club.

Just got off the phone with Z he fished from 1 a.m. til 3 a.m and caught his limit of eyes wading on challengers, 1st bouy working the channel edge. Lot's of weeds floating about so it was tough to keep the plug clear, no pigs just good eaters. Good job Rob!

Rob . . .get a job and sleep like the rest of us!! Good job though. Boys and I ventured out after they got out of their treestands. I was thinking late both accounts. Arrived after 8 . . . slack water and no minnows. Caught lots of weeds and the only person to get a hit was me on a long cast in an open pocket that I was able to get the Challenger moving at a moderate speed. Fish really made a commotion on top but no hook up. That was it. Still have to get the tree stand up!!!! I just need to carry it a quarter mile in and then set it up . . . Hopefully I can make the shore tonight a lot earlier than last night. Might have to forgo the stand . . . again.

Todd, Tuzzy and I had a slow pick tonight but as the night moved along the bite picked up. We all caught limits and had about a a dozen throwbacks, total. On the way back in we hit a honeyhole which brought a broad smile to Tuzzy's face and that was our mission to get him into a few. grin.gif He caught the biggest fish of the night. wink.gif The guys at the bar had to work too to catch there limits and they did it as well. Dark Clud, Tank, Paul and Franky fished together and Jay called about 10:30 calling it a night, there heading up for the salmon run in the morning. The DT-6 was killer early then it was a little x-rap and a whole lot of husky jerks and we finished up with T-Sticks and Challengers. Here's the pics...

1000716mt3.jpg

1000717it5.jpg

1000718dz6.jpg

The livewell is full.

1000721cu8.jpg

Tim, Todd, and Tuzzy!

Great job on the Eye's. Did you make it out to the shallow flat that Todd and I fished last weekend? Definately worth the trip out there and I cannot wait to do it again. Hoping to get up there during the Veterans day weekend with Cindy, she's reading all my In-Fisherman and Walleye insiders and plan's on showing me how it's done. Also caught her reading my Crappie magazine's in the Porcelain reading room... I might have my hands full with her in the boat soon.

I'll give you a call soon and touch base with you. Until then, Tight Lines

Steve

Steve Greving

WTG you guys on getting in on the walleyes. I can't see any of the pictures from my office computer mad.gif but I bet they're nice. I went myself last night for a couple hours and scored two nice "stoagies". I'm getting back into bowhunting now after not hunting for 15 years so I probably won't be fishing as much until gun season opens but that's when things get really cranking anyway for the night bite around here grin.gif Nice talking to you today Steve and maybe I can coordinate a trip to Oneida with my brother when you guys go up and we can do a little drinking and a lot of fishing!!!!!!!!!