• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Want a great trail-cam???

slimngrizzly

If anyone wants a an awsome camera at a great price you better jump on this! Cabela's Moultrie Outfitter 4.1 is now on sale for $99 until they are gone! These are last years models that take the 6 VOLT RECHARGEABLE battery!!! Dont confuse them with the advertised new ones that went back to D baterries!

I have stealth cams,bushnells, moultries and cuddebacks.... for the money this is hands down the best "flash" camera out there! I have 5 of them. Their easy to use, cheap, high quality photos, and one battery lasts years!! Anyones wants proof of the quality of the pics, I have plenty!

If your looking for a good camera, my advice is get a 6 VOLT model before they are gone! There was about 25 left at Rogers on Labor Day.

I have two of the same camera's and if you bought the 6 volt batteries for them I wouldn't waste my money on the solar charger. Last year I had them out for probably 3 months before I pulled the battery to recharge it. During that time they probably took well over 3000 pictures. I would spend the money on an extra battery then when you go out and the battery is low you can just swap it out. Also if you have 2 SD cards you can do the swap out thing with them as well.

If I was by Rogers I'd buy one, I really like the 6 volt battery cameras. I also looked online yesterday after your post and saw only that $149 camera that uses the 6 volt. I have an older Moultrie and its a good camera, easy to use, good flash, but slow, it has to be over a salt block. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

I bought one of these the day before the original post. Also got the rechargable 6v and the solar cell for recharging. Been in the woods for two weeks now, checked it Saturday, unit still indicates a full charge. Solar/rechargable system seems to be working nicely. Pics look great too. (This is the low res setting.)

1398331828_a55ae88a23_o.jpg

I was back at Cabela's last Thursday (needed something else, darn), and I wandered by the cameras wondering the same thing. They had a few left on the floor. Better hurry, they might still have the odd unit. Maybe call first and have them put one behind the counter, they have done that for me in the past...?

The batteries are $9 and last for up to 3-5 years. No camera will beat that! I personally dont use the solar panels, when warm the battereies last forever.... when its cool, they all die fast- solar or not.

Anyway, I checked with Cabelas at Rogers this weekend and there gone... just one in the bargain cave? Now its just the ones with the D batteries. Im sure they are fine but now your back to putting in $9 every time. crazy.gif

Those of you who got them will like them!