• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State Fair

mnwild

With the Fair in 4 days I am curious what is everyone's favorite thing about the fair is?? Is there 1 stand that you have to visit every year?? Favorite food or ride?? I like walking through the grandstand to see what new things they are trying to sell you. Also I am sure with everyone else but the DNR building looking at the huge fish they have swiming around out in the pond. And I need to add in all the pretty ladies walking around to...

My uncle works at Teja's in the beer garden so I always have to stop there and grab a burrito and a beverage. I also have to do the tradition and see how fast I can pitch in the Midway. Favorite place is the DNR pond and try and act cool naming off all the fish to people who don't know grin.gif

I have been to the Mn State Fair once in my life, when I was 9. Got to see Wierd Al in concert, which was pretty cool. I lived for 2 years in Roseville and worked at the MSP Intl Airport and can tell you one thing I wan't crazy about- the traffic.

When I lived in Roseville my favorite part of the fair was when it ended.

Frankly I find the fair to be really boring. Its almost exactly the same thing every single year. I don't need to pay to go check out the same exhibits every summer. Maybe if they had something new every year I might go once in awhile, I went a few years ago so I should be good for another few years.

The music, the food, the exhibits, the ladies, but hands down it is the DNR building for me. I used to go there when I was staying in the dormitories for 4H and go and look at the fish at night when no one was there. I could just sit and think...the fair was nice and quiet by that time. A kid usually needed that before he went back to school.

Quote:

I always make sure to renew my Outdoor News subscription there to get the free hat. Think I have them all now.

Eating everything in sight and girl watching, what else do you need?
grin.gif

Outdoor news sets up a stand at the ice fishing show, too

I get dragged from the DNR pond prematurely every year. You mean and hour is long enough..sheesh

Cheese curds is first stop.

Shades on tightly so eyes can wander wink.gif

Midday stop at the sweet corn.

Stop at the midway and beat every 12yr old at whack a mole

Last stop, bucket of Sweet Marthas and ice cold milk.

Followed by a 4 mile walk to the car grin.gif