• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rip Cord arrow rest.

harvey lee

This year I purchased a Rip Cord arrow rest and installed it on the bow. I also added a new pendulum sight like I use to use.

For the last few years I have had an issue with consistant arrow placement on the target.

Today, I shot my bow with this new rest and never and I mean never in the last years has my arrows flew so well. I must have had some serious fletching contact with my old rest.

The deer are really in trouble now with this new Rip Cord.

Harvey, I use the Ripcord also and it is a very nice rest. I have also heard good things about the Limb Driver but it doesn't have a full containment feature, which I prefer. If you ever suspect fletching contact, spray your fletch with aerosol foot powder. It readily shows any contact.

Another big plus with any drop away rest is you can use some radical plastic fletch (like quick spin or bohning blazer) to realy stabalize broadheads.

This will be my third year with the RC rest. For my style of hunting this is the coolest and most usefull rest I have owned. Because you can secure your arrow in the arrow rest area and actualy turn your bow upsidedown and it wont fall off is a great advantage when stalking Big Ottis. When in the stand I've got binoc's, rangfinder, rattlebag, grunt call, and candiebar all in use at the same time. Not having to worry about keeping the bow level is nice. I also like to keep my bow on my lap with the arrow knocked. Got to be ready when those deer some how sneak within 10yds of you before they make any noice. Make sure you use felt along all surfaces that the arrow might come in contact with.

HootTooten

I had a Mathews overdraw arrow rest and could never quite get my arrows to all fly the same. Maybe me. Now, with the Ripcord being the only thing I changed, my arrows have never been had such a tight grouping. I love this Ripcord.

Harvey,

The overdraw rest wasn't the drop away rest was it? I sure like the looks of the Rip Cord and the Qad rest. They are similar designs. I havn't really had a reason to change though as the Convertable Dropaway has been good on my Switchback. Have you paper tuned your bow how easy was it with the Ripcord to adjust?

No, the overdraw was a two prong rest and was not a drop away. I have heard that many have had some tuning issuses with these rests. My new Ripcord I good lucky with or Cabin Fever placed it almost perfect. I had to adjust to the right a few inches and also down approx 1 inch. I had no problem making the few needed adjustmants. She shoots perfect bullet holes through paper.

Honestly, I have never been so happy with my arrow groups and all I changed was my rest. My older rest must have been worn out as the small noise or vibration thet I could not find is now also gone. I really cannot say enough about this new Ripcord rest.