• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DLR Back with Van Halen

Gissert

Caught a little snippet before I left the house today that Van Halen is forming back up with David Lee Roth out front.

I am glad to see this happen, but am a bit unsure about Eddie's kid Wolfgang stepping into the bass slot. That high vocal harmony of Michael Anthony was a BIG part of their sound.

I've heard that too. But there have been a lot of reunion rumors over the past few years, so I'll believe it when I see it. I heard Eddie was in rehab too and not sure when he is getting out. I hope it is true though, DLR with VH was the best version of the band.

As for Eddie's son playing with the band, I'm not sure what his singing voice is like, but I do know he can play. I saw VH at the Xcel center a few years ago and the kid played a little bit with Eddie during his guitar solo. Very talented kid, although thats not completely surprising when you are the son of a guitar god!

Quote:

This is really sad, I do not believe there is a person on this earth with a bigger ego than DLR

Or hair replacement bill- seriously though, I like Van Halen beter than Van Hagar. You guys remember DLRs karate kicks on stage? I guess a couple years ago he caught some trespassers on his property and karate kicked the snot out of 'em-

Big Sammy fan here. Not that I don't like DLR. He will always be the original guy and the front man most people immediately think of. Hagar can still sing though (what is he, like 60 now?)

DLR might do a tour, but only because of contracts and $$$. He and Eddie hate each other and every "reunion" ends rather quickly. I wonder how his EMT career is working out confused.gif

It must not be going well if he's willing to reunite with Eddie. I don't think I'd want my EMT doing karate kicks and his trademark screams while rushing me to the hospital. Or maybe I would...

I'm with Gissert on this one.

I hate to knock little Wolfie before this thing even starts, but backing vocals are a big part of Van Halen and Michael Anthony supplied them. If Alex couldn't talk him into it this time, the true reunion will probably never happen.

Well I hope it is a good show. Hopefully Alex brings along the big drum kit and Wolfgang brings along his mom.

DD

Well did anyone go see them last week? I saw some you tube videos of the opening night concert in NC and it really made me want to go. But I couldn't afford it.

And Double D, your "Wolfgang brings along his mom," comment cracked me up. Valerie is a good looking woman though.