• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Moth Macros" (pics)

again I was fortunate in finding one of natures "giganto" moths in my back yard grin.gif...the polyphemus...one big, ole moth to say the least grin.gif....very nice coloration on these moths...many people think only butterflies are eye appealing!

Frame_DSCF8162-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF8175-2.jpg

Frame_DSCF4079-3copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF4072-2copy.jpg

Here is one. I have always wanted to see one in the wild and never have. We found a caterpillar for the Luna moth last year in Wisconsin but that is as close as I have been. This one was captured at the Minnesota Zoo. It had just emerged from its cocoon about 30 minutes before this picture was taken.

6122007minnesotazoo0651eh3.jpg

Luna's my fav.in mn.but I never seen one either!Had 3 catapilers 2 yrs. ago but next day they were gone,they were in my garden on either fennal,dill?? cant remember!I was going to jar and force one for a mount.