• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Remakes

zamboni

I agree, the White stripes are good, but Meg White needs drum lessons.

Boom, chick, Boom, chick, Boom, chick. Thats as technical as it gets with her.

If you have comcast On Demand, there is a White Stripes concert that is pretty good on the Concerts on Demand Channel. They play "Jolene".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I agree, the White stripes are good, but Meg White needs drum lessons.

Boom, chick, Boom, chick, Boom, chick. Thats as technical as it gets with her.

If you have comcast On Demand, there is a White Stripes concert that is pretty good on the Concerts on Demand Channel. They play "Jolene".

Jacks a guitar god and Megs drumming suits him very well, making them a great 2 piece band. If you ever get the chance- go see them live- very, very good band live. I wish I had Comcast- I am stuck in a little town with a contracted cable company from Terrill, Iowa.

Faces (Rod Stewart), Memphis Tennessee (I think), orig. Chuck Berry.

Chuck Berry is thing "king" when it comes to covers!

Many groups covered him, from the Rolling Stones to Van Hallin and many more.

The Who did a good live cover of "Summertime Blues" that I thought was great, until I heard the Rush cover of the same song...that was even better...

Buddy Guy's cover of "Mustang Sally" is good...

Also, a bit more obscure, a group called the Hindu Love Gods (made up of Warren Zevon and REM) did a great version of Prince's "Raspberry Beret".

And even more obscure, Tinsley Ellis did a cover of the song "Just Dropped In" that is very good.

Has anyone ever heard of Richard Cheese. He does what he calls "lounge music" and has a band Richard Cheese and the Lounge Against the Machine. He does remakes of all kinds of songs like rock, metal, rap and puts a more softer and slower side to it. My favorite is his version of Down With the Sickness. Its too funny.

For real remakes my favorites are definately the Garage Inc. album by Metallica. Also Shinedown's version of Simple Man is good.

Sorry, I was way out of the bag on that one. They may have done a live deal during an early eighties tour, but I think I was crossing Roy Orbason (Pretty Woman) and Van Halin.

Sorry, my bad! confused.gif

Sorry if I miss spelled any names in this post...

3 is a magic number by blind melon. awesome

there was some good stuff on that zepplin tribute album about 15 years ago. i have heard the cure cover the doors tune 'hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name'

i don't know the real title, not a big doors guy