• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OPEN WATER REPORTS--SUMMER 2007

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny, As far as I know we will be fishing the local waters around here.Im going to take Timmy and amanda in a spot where I have been catching some nice bluegills,smallmouth,largemouth and sunnies.If something changes we will let you know.

Right on fellas.. You know how it is with the little ones and long drives, now if for some reason she couldn't go well you can guarantee a road trip that way. I'll have a clear head after Sunday and may be Todd and I can work a day with you on the big pannies. I have two late games tonight, make-ups tomorrow (if needed) and 4 games Saturday and that should be done around 5 p.m. and I will need a beer. grin.gif

Quote:

Right on fellas.. You know how it is with the little ones and long drives, now if for some reason she couldn't go well you can guarantee a road trip that way. I'll have a clear head after Sunday and may be Todd and I can work a day with you on the big pannies. I have two late games tonight, make-ups tomorrow (if needed) and 4 games Saturday and that should be done around 5 p.m. and I will need a beer.
grin.gif

HOOCHEY GRANDE grin.gif

Went out this morning nice and COLD I caught some nice gills no pics because it was raining and the wind was blowing 20mph.Going out again tomorrow will get some pics then. Timmy hows the finals doing are you all umpired out ready for some R/R wink.gifgrin.gif.

Todd,

I give you a lot of credit for making it out in that wind...I was going to go myself this afternoon, but I chickened out. Glad to hear that you got some nice ones.

Instead of fishing, I started making up some new ice jig combos for the upcoming season. I guess the cool weather triggered something in me. grin.gifgrin.gif

John,

I don't know if you use small hair jigs through the ice but there is a guy in (WOLCOTT NY) that ties some very nice jigs.I had him tie me a couple dozen and they came out beautiful and they stand up to a good beating I have caught bluegill, perch, smallmouth and crappie (ect) he will tie any color combo you want wink.gif.He tied me some 1/32oz with #8 hook works nice in the deeper water for pannies.

Todd,

I would like to take a look at those jigs he tied for ya...they sound pretty good. I don't generally use hair jigs through the ice, but the deep water stuff would be good just like you said.

Here are a few ice jigs that I made up yesterday during family quiet time grin.gif

1006694cp8.jpg

Big Johnny Ice - Where's the "BUY IT NOW" Button, LOL cool.gif Love the colors...

Well Saturday was very hectic but wen't well and Sunday I kicked back and watched softball games from 10 a.m. til 5:30 p.m. and watched DeMatteo's that's the same team I played with in that Poland Tourney, they won the the City Championshipby forfeit. confused.gif

1st game went back and forth, DeMatteos had to come out of the losers bracket because of a loss to Fazio's by 13 runs earlier in the day in the 11:30 a.m. game and beat Fazio's twice. Like I said in the first game it was back and forth and in the top of 7th DeMatteo's scored 5 and that was enough to win it 12-8. In the second game DeMatteo's started off with 3 runs in the first, Fazio's picked up 1 in the bottom of the 1st and one in the bottom of the 2nd so up 3-2 top third Dematteo's failed to score. Here it is 3-2 bottom 3 and two out runner at first when the batter hit's a single and the runner on 1st was running to third then the outfielder through a seed from left center and got it there late but here's the kicker the runner slid head first perfectly into the block of the 3rd basemen, struggling to reach around and touch the bag the tag applied and the ump wrung him out. Right call, poor slide... Well the guy that was out got up and said this... "You aint made a "bleeping" call right all season and then he got wrung by the umpire and since the team started with an EH and they had no sub, game over. Afterward I heard the third basemen for the other team was so [PoorWordUsage]ed at his teammate for getting wrung he beat the dump out of him over by the hot dog stand. Awww gotta love slow-pitch softball. grin.gif

I can't believe it the guy knew he was out but you say the magic words and poof there goes the rest of your team down the toilet for the city championship. crazy.gif

Tuzzy, Todd and I went out on Oneida to see if the perch were hitting. Instead they were hitting back tongue.gif We did get a few but it's definitely not ready yet, but worth another go soon. We had a nice breakfast and fished til 11:30 or so and that was enough of the humidity. Here's some pics from the trip. BTW Johnny thattiny worm worked really well in yellow, white, chartreuse glitter and milktreuse, thanks pal... Good time had by all!

1000624ro7.jpg

1000625ir5.jpg

1000626mo8.jpg

Timmy you can tell the humidity was bad you could almost cut it with a knife crazy.gif.There is fish there but you have to mill around in the weed beds eventually you will find the schools.It was nice to fish with Tim and Tuzzy Im going to be back at it starting this friday I have A feeling the fish are going to be ON very shortly wink.gif.

Todd - Hey partner I'm in for Friday, grin.gif Got the green light wink.gif and I guess Friday night were heading to the state fair again to see B.O.C. and Foghat with sis and bro. in-law. Tonights are winners bracket final to see if we can advance to next week's championship game... Gonna take everything we got to knock out this loaded Westernville team. Basically if we don't score 25 runs were doomed.

Timmy,

Good job on the perch and sunnies. Hopefully it won't be long and we can chase the Eye's.......Soon!!!

Good luck with the tourney, wish you the best. I'm off to North Carolina to see my buddy off to Iraq! Be back sunday night.

Again good luck and tight line's

Steve

North Carolina hmmm - that means you guys will be fishing a bit before he leaves good luck there. Tell your buddy we appreciate his service and we pray he comes back home safe.

Our tourney is over buddy (3rd place and dissappointed) were unfortunately done and all we have is the company tournament and the 2nd round game tonight starts at 5 p.m.

Todd will keep us up to speed on the eye's here grin.gif

Lee- Hey man I hope you slayed em like we did, it was sick today.

Todd and I had a blast working perch in and around pockets of weeds. We caught a ton of fish today on minnows and hair jigs, maki plastics and exude power nymph's and of course tiny worm's wink.gif Here are some dandies and we could have very easily filled a cooler + but we took only a couple meals worth.. Had a great time again Todd.

1000627rp6.jpg

1000629eo2.jpg

1000628yv0.jpg

1000632ku7.jpg

1000631zh6.jpg

MMMMmm Drag-N-Mag

1000630pv8.jpg

1000633ld7.jpg

1000634fy9.jpg

Happiness grin.gif

1000635yd2.jpg

Nice job on the perch guys. Just the beginning for them...

Tank went to his 45th HS reunion this evening and I decided to do some flyfishing. Things were quiet all afternoon till about an hour before dark a decent mixed hatch started comming off. I missed a few then hooked and landed this 15 inch rainbow...

dsc00426ol4.jpg

About 10 min later I had a solid hook-up, he got his bearings, took about 15 ft of line in a second or so then jumped close to 2 ft out of the water, and the hook pulled free. Im pretty sure he was a solid 20in brown. I rolled one more fish before dark. And took this pict too...

dsc00428uj9.jpg

Nice Bow Jay cool.gif the perch bite has been on the past 2 days same spot I love the GPS wink.gif.No other boats in the spot im fishing alot of people looking with binoc's though.Im taking today off the hands are getting tore up from cleaning fish had fresh perch last night for supper cool.gif.Fished the canal last night caught 3 waldos all short and about 15 calicos all borderline keepers and 1 smallie on makis stoni grin.gif