• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OPEN WATER REPORTS--SUMMER 2007

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd - I got a delivery from Bass Pro today wink.gif Can't wait to check out the new Wally Marshall and get her ready for Saturday.

Tuzzy is fishing that's guaranteed so you can leave the boat home. I'm 90% sure I can go but Rosa's has to make sure she doesn't have to work and can take Amanda to bowling. I'll know more by tomorrow but it looks real good.

Quote:

Todd - I'm 90% sure I can go but Rosa's has to make sure she doesn't have to work and can take Amanda to bowling. I'll know more by tomorrow but it looks real good.

Well Rosa just notified me that she has to work Saturday 0730 to 1300 frown.gif Todd I gotta get out with the new rod, how bout Friday night wink.gif

Dad and I had a good trip down the Del. Wed afternoon the eyes were active, think we caught 21 fish, 5 keepers 18-21 inchers. Thursday morning the eyes were slower we caught around 8 with a few keepers. We targeted trout thursday evening and drew a blank. Friday morning I picked up two small 13inch rainbows. Besideds that we didnt fish too hard, it was darn HOT! We ate and drank like pigs/Kings and rode the four-wheelers quite a bit. 8 others had thier quads up there...

I pulled a Timmy and forgot the memory stick in my camera. Took 4 four picts that fit on the internal memory and thats it.

Dad on the cast...

dsc00431ur2.jpg

Dad fighting one...

dsc00434tk4.jpg

Resulting 18 incher...

dsc00435pz7.jpg

Quote:

I pulled a Timmy and forgot the memory stick in my camera.

Okay I'll give you that it's alot better then leaving your sonar at the lake wink.gif

Nice pic's of Pop there, it's inspired me to break out the jungle hat for my next trip of course I'm bringing my new Wally wink.gif I can't believe how light that thing is for 7' rod and the Sedona 750 is perfect for it. I' have been dreaming of that first slab, Todd it's like your custom built rod ... wink.gif

Todd - do you know what blanks that guy used?

Timmy - Told ya you'd like the rod. I'd love to get my hands on a similar blank.

How did Cleveland do this past weekend? Rumor has it they had no offense, turned the ball over, gave up 6 sacks, Parker ran for over 100 yards, and thier pass defence had alot of holes? 6-10?...

It's a nice rod, thanks bro.. wink.gif

The browns suck Jay, pretty clear to me that it's not just the qb situation it's the losing mentality that has permiated this team since there return. Looks like Jonathon Ogden and Ray Lewis will be out for the season for the Ravens, good for the black and gold. Revised picks after week 1 reality check.

Pittsburgh 13-3

Cincinatti 10-6

Baltimore 6-10

Cleveland 4-12

Jay,Im not sure what the blank is the rod was given to me as a gift.I will find out and let you know I would like to have him make me the same rod but in 6ft instead of 5ft.The 5ft rod is a awsome Im sure a 6ft would be KILLER the guides sit away from the rod a little futher than normal. You can feel that nice smooth fireline go through the guides thats how sensitive it is wink.gif.I will let you know about the blank.

I made the long haul out to Cuba Lake yesterday and fished with the Wizard......he had great reports from his buds who were catching 200-250 crappies a day there last week.

Well, the fishing stunk for us. The lake was a chocolate milk color, and we found out that that it just turned that way from the huge thunderstorm and the 2+ inches of rain that they got Tuesday night. With all of the farms down that way, a lot of cow manure and fertilizer must have poured into the lake tongue.giftongue.gif

All I got were three mediocre crappies, around 5 small perch and one huge smallie that I lost at the boat.

It was nice to get out, though, and fish another lake that I don't get too much grin.gif