• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OPEN WATER REPORTS--SUMMER 2007

Nice trout Jay smile.gif

My 25th reunion is coming soon but it conflicts with Tyler's graduation, oh well there's always the 30th. I'll call you guys next week to catch up smile.gif Love your avatar grin.gif

Kinda taking it easy today, just finished a letter to Tyler and I made some rod adjustments for tommorow Todd and while digging through my host of tackle stuff I found those Berkley Exude scent Pearl Power Nymphs, there in trouble now. What I like about this short stocky bait is the perch for one love em and second I'm not changing plastics because of the short thick body, nice bang for the buck there. Were off to the State Fair in a couple of hours, we saw some ok shows so far and this is our 3rd and last trip up there, so far out of all the shows no doubt Foghat was the best but today it's Tesla and they always rock.

Lee I had my cell with me?

See you in the morning Todd same time wink.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for some reason today the power nymph's weren't working as good as the other day but Todd's 2" panfish assasins were the ticket wink.gif As you can see below we had a nother banner morning perch fishing on Oneida. Today unlike the last few trips we had everbody and there brother all over us, 3 boats in the same vicinity and one that was about 25' from us. Some people just can't go out and find there own fish. Anyhow enjoy the pics and Tuzzy has some fish to clean grin.gif

A beautiful sunrise..

1000638xc8.jpg

Todd hooks up early and often wink.gif

1000639oc0.jpg

and another from the perch assasin wink.gif

1000640fq5.jpg

Timmy scores a dandy..

1000641au6.jpg

Tuzzy - Way to go...

1000642ih4.jpg

This is where Todd took over and was a one man wrecking crew... grin.gif

1000643en2.jpg

1000644we8.jpg

1000645cc0.jpg

1000647jn1.jpg

How did this get in here Timmy? wink.gif

1000648ku6.jpg

Tuzzy with a nice eater..

1000649cq8.jpg

More happiness in the livewell..

1000650az9.jpg

Perch boys done good..

1000652rn5.jpg

Timmy

That boat that was so close to us how would you have liked to have their stringer grin.gif.The guys in the blue boat were keeping 6 to 7 inch perch and were keeping them on a stringer they were bumming out because we were smashing them smirk.gif.

In a month Jay I'll be knee deep in wall dogs wink.gif I kinda liked Todd's suggestion how to handle that situation grin.gif

Todd they must a sht when that one guy caught a hog it weighed more than what they had on there stringer combined tongue.gifgrin.gif See ya in the morning...

Well, my family and I spent a week at Lake No Fish (Silver Lake).....it was fun and we are going again next year..

It was a family vacation thing, so I was not able to fish ALL day every day there....so it was just a few hours in the morning and evening at the most. The first few times out we did nada....but we did get into some nice gills and perch once we patterned them. The bigger gills were on the west side in 14 FOW and we found the bigger perch in 16 FOW right in front of our cottage.

The first couple of times out we marked a TON of fish in 27 FOW in the main basin, but most of them were 6 to 8 inch gills. I did catch a big bullhead which was measured at 18" the one time out there.

No walleyes were landed, but my father-in-law had a nice one on that got off right at the boat, and I had a huge one swim up to the boat as I was reeling in.....a few decent smallmouth were landed too, but we were not trying to target them.

All in all it was a great time fishing and a great family vacation....

1006734rs3.jpg

1006803nr2.jpg

1006714dy4.jpg

1006731mv6.jpg

1006824me8.jpg

1006827cl0.jpg

1006839gk5.jpg

1006842pu8.jpg

1006846gu7.jpg

1006853tw9.jpg

1006858ii2.jpg

1006865qz7.jpg

1006843xo7.jpg

1006867qa4.jpg

1006828ro1.jpg

We had a half hour before we had to leave, so we went out and got these:

1006873qu7.jpg

The future perch family...

1006735lk2.jpg

Big Johnny,

We were there too.Friday and saturday my girl and I spent a couple nights at my sister and brother in laws cottage on the east side. Like you said the walleye action was non-existant, but the gillin' was excellent,we also got into some perch and crappie,but didn't set the world on fire with them.Also a couple lunker largemouth,(EVERYTHING loves a 1 1/2" pearl tube-jig on a slip float!!) wink.gif

Yes what was up with the MASSIVE schools of small gills suspended over deeper water? That was kinda strange,But it was cool to watch em' on the aqua-view!! grin.gif

BRING ON FALL !!!

Later.

Small world, John....yeah, those fish in the deeper water were stacked like cords of wood. Some spots had them 10 foot thick from the bottom up. grin.gif I had to turn off my fish alarm, because it was driving me nuts! To bad they were mostly small ones, though.

Our cottage is on the southeast side, in that first cove just north of Mack's. The cool thing is that I got ice access permission from the owners!

Where you you guys staying on the east side?

We were staying at this "house" that was about directly across from the country club,at the end of Camp road..

REALLY,REALLY nice place,EVERYTHING you need and more.My sister and brother in law just kind of found it this year while driving by looking for a place to stay.Might have to look into booking it for ourselves next year.

Other spots to access the ice is ALWAYS a great thing,good for you!!Maybe some day I'll have to tail you there.. grin.gif

After seeing all those schools of small gills in that deep water and all the ENORMOUS schools of perch through the ice this year theres NO doubt,For some reason or another Silver lake is a Trophy gill and solid perch factory!And gettin better every year!

SWEET!!! cool.gif

Nice vacation pics on the no fish lake John wink.gifgrin.gif Those perch are beautiful and the sunfish are sweet.

Todd and I took Amanda out on a small panfish lake to put her on some hooey's although the size was lacking except for the perch she caught quite a few fish she got to the point where she caught 9 on her own with no help from Dad but she still had plenty of reeling to do.. grin.gif

Todd and Amand it was a cold start this morning, 53 degrees, brrrr...

1000655fh6.jpg

1000658yk2.jpg

1000660fi5.jpg

Tim,

Those pics of Amanda are great....a good gill and perch for her!! That is something Dad will never forget, right?

I am glad the perchmaster Todd had a break from catching some fish yesterday, unless no pics were taken of him hooking up. grin.gifgrin.gif

Pittsburgh at Cleveland Week 1 bro....sorry about the loss already, but Big Ben is going to tear it up. And Mr.Willie P will have a little over 120 yds rushing. Also, their defense will be swarming like a fresh poked bee hive. blush.gifblush.gif

Johnny just tried to give you a jingle buddy. Todd didn't have any down time in the shallow water smirk.gif but the deep drift we tried yesterday early for some reason was not on, confused.gif the cold front had a bit to do with it I'm sure. We found plenty of gills to keep us busy in 14' to 17' of water.

When I have to fish that close to Tuzzy my numbers always go down, grin.gif but not last Friday right Todd grin.gif

No doubt Todd is one of the best perchers I have seen, learned alot from him this year, thanks Pal..

Big John - You had the same thought as me this morning - Let Timmy know how bad week one is gonna be for his Browns. Big Ben back in form, Parker running hard, swarming defense having a field day. I hope Cleveland puts in Quinn so we can tee off on him...

Thanks Jay! Wally Marshall on the way.. grin.gif Have a good trip on the Del and will see you when you get back. I sent the email to you guys on those black shads. Todd I ordered some Vanish 6 lb. too wink.gif 4 packs of black shads and some more white 1/16 oz. heads

Johnny,

I never have any down time I always have my POLE in my hand grin.gif.I cant wait for the waldos to start I hope if you get time to come out this way bring your neoprenes I will keep Timmy posted.I am usually on the first good runs of schools coming in wink.gifsome fish are starting to come in already wink.gif.

Timmy,

When you get that new pole don't be rubbing it to hard and getting all that home made fish attractant all over it grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.

Getting a chubby just thinking about it wink.gif It may replace my F-2 grin.gif Todd I got the green light for the Friday craps and eyes and Tuzzy and you are locked and loaded for perch Saturday.

Sunday is for the Browns and Steelers regardless of the out come I love football and I'm glad the season is starting. Were still building something good and I feel a 6-10 season would be an improvement, just winning one division game would help blush.gif. Also keeping a close eye on my redbirds, just them being through the ringer with, death, injury and starting pitching woes to be a game out of first is amazing and I feel a testament to Tony LaRussa he's the best...

Hey Timmy. Nice pictures everybody and good to see you folks and Amanda out fishing and catching some nice fish. Have fun at the Delly DC and look forward to seeing your pics when you get back. I've gotten out at least a couple afternoons a week lately and the walleye fishing out this way has just been the same lately as in really good grin.gif No monsters but limits aplenty of nice eating size fish up to about 20" with most in the 15" to 18" range and lots of little ones too in the 10 to 14" range. Can't wait for those short fall days, cold nights, stickbaits and even bigger walleyes grin.gif Timmy I'll give you a ring and chat one of these days.

Wanted to give you's guys and update I saw Z last night at our company softball game and Craig and him have been fishing alot and it hasn't been the Big "O" and they have been pounding some nice perch on our local lake and things have been good. Rob's boy Mitch leaves for the Air Force in a month, just like his Dad the apple didn't fall from the tree very far. cool.gif Z will be ready for ice fishing on C again this winter... Also I talked to ENY Tyler the other day he's doing great and did some laker fishing up north and caught a few but he can't wait for ice fishing either, he ordered a new otter and he is looking at a new 4 stroke Strikemaster for him and buddy this winter wink.gif

Todd and I ventured out about an hour before dark to find some cali's and we got into quite a few but had a hard time locating them after the sun went down but here are a couple pics of our better fish. We poked around for walleyes and didn't catch any. Had a good time smile.gif

1000664oi2.jpg

1000662rk4.jpg

1000663fk4.jpg

You getting those cali's on the big O? Did great on the perch last Saturday and went back Sunday and couldn't pull a fish, lots of fish being marked and some of the guys around us were doing great using crabs and minnows, the 2 things I didn't have in the boat with me. LOL

Didn't go Lee I went for my annual [PoorWordUsage]burgh thrashing which I want to thank the Steelers for thoroughly kicking our a$$ and getting us closer to Brady Quinn. wink.gif AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Lee this game was over in 7 minutes I SHOULD HAVE WENT FISHING! The wings and lager were very tough to leave. Did you get out?