• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Images from the trail

I spent a lot of the day on the Bass/Dry lake trail near Ely, and here's some of what I found.

Canon 30D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso200, 1/125 at f5.6, handheld

buck-velvet.jpg

Canon 30D, Canon 100 macro, iso100, 13 sec at f32, evaluative metering -2/3 exposure compensation, tripod, remote shutter release

shroom100iso.jpg

Both the next (ebony jewelwing damselflies) Canon Digital Rebel XT, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400

1/250 at f8

ebony-jewelwing.jpg

1/800 at f6.3

ebony-jewelwing-leaf.jpg

Harebell

Canon 30D, Canon 100 macro, iso100, 1/125 at f5.6, tripod, remote shutter release

harebell-bokeh.jpg

Quote:

Very nice images, but the first is my favorite.

My thoughts precisely. However, these photos show you are a very diversified photographer - flora, fauna and the little insects that share the forest. Great shots, all.

Quote:

how the he Double hockey sticks do you get the black in the back ground bokah?

Black polar fleece, bubba, black polar fleece. grin.gif

Although in this case I kept the backdrop in my bag, and this is an all natural BG. The background was deeply shadowed black/green forest floor, and when underexposing the image to make sure the whites in the shroom aren't blown out, it darkens the background even more.