• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Ride on August 18th at Nemadji!!!!

Dave S

OK everyone. Let's try to get another ride set up in hopes that those who wanted to ride yesterday can make it on this one tentatively planned for August 25th. Initial meeting place will be 8 a.m. at the cafe at Banning Junction, located on the Finlayson/Askov exit.

A couple things to note: Nemadji doesn't have immediate access to restaraunts or gas without traveling on the ROW of township roads. With that said, anyone without a valid D.L. will be riding at their own risk (adults and kids alike). Also, of the trail heads that I have seen, there isn't much for parking space for more than 15-20 vehicle/trailer combos of average size. In some cases, even less.

This will be the time to set up with other riders if you want to help cut back on fuel or the amount of vehicles taking up parking space. There may be some other options for parking, so if anyone knows of any, please reply. I might have to make a trip up there before hand to scope out the situation. grin.gifgrin.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all people Roofer, I'd hate to see you miss out on the opportunity, so, since you're the first to reply, let's move this date up to August 18th. Now that I am home and able to check my calendar, the 25th doesn't work for me either. My oldest has football scrimmage in Wells that day.

So AUGUST 18TH IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had to think about that, lol grin.gif. Im pretty much open for whatever date you pick, if not I will catch the next time. If the 18th is your wifes birthday, its best you spend it with her, and not a bunch of muddy guys. Im sure there are other dates that will work.

Uh Oh! I don't want to be responsible for that!

If this is the date chosen I will be bringing the guys with me instead of the GF. She works that weekend (every other), don't change anything for that though. She is just fine not always coming with.

You will have to count us out. The club I belong too is having a 3 day ride that weekend. Have a good time. By the way, as soon as we got into the truck on Saturday, the first thing my daughter said was "that was fun". Thanks for a great time guys! smile.gif

I got my buggy last fall and have been itch'n to try something like this. I might be interested in coming along if it's O.K. I am thinking what better way to learn more about these trails than to go with people that are familiar with them and to learn the do's and do nots. (like where you can drive:p) With the risk of getting some grief, I have a sportsman 500 efi, would that work out O.K. for something like this ride?

"hooks"

thanks, don't know if'll make it, trailer is getting a little rough. probally be at spider lake as it is only 20 min. away. Maybe I'll find a deal on a trailer

LEP7MM, me and the wife would like to make a showing for the ride. We will get ahold of ya maybe we can get ya to stay overnight at the trailer up there. Roofer.. It would be good to ride with you again also, and swill a few beers also!!! cool.gif

Good to see you joined FM Dave (Preddyfast). I'll keep that in mind. I already told the Mrs. that I might be going up the night before to stay somewhere.

snapjigger,

the ride will be kid friendly as long as they're riding double with an adult. I'm not aware of any places to eat where we wouldn't need to travel some township roads. If everyone is game to bring their own lunch, then we can stick to the trails and not worry about any road travel and the kids would be fine to ride their own machines. Just as long as we don't meet anyone on a 450 Kodiak with his huskies on the back, riding the wrong side of the trail.

I just checked the DNR site and there is some logging activity going on in Nemadji. We'll have to monitor the situation as time goes on to see if they complete their logging by August. If not, we might have to choose an alternate location.

I say go anyways and make sure they are not on wetlands. smile.gif

I thought they can only log in the winter on state land?

If it's a problem there are a few other places to go.