• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Ride on August 18th at Nemadji!!!!

Dave S

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so we have so far

8:30 at River in Near Duquette

Bringing food or restaurant?

Should we bring extra fuel?

Just trying to clear this up for everyone. Last time we went there was no gas station near by. Most get about 50 miles or so on a tank of gas and we went that far last time.

Good point on the gas. I know Preddyfast will be needing some along the way, but most of the utes will be fine for up to 60 miles. We can either plan on going to the Outpost in Holyoke, if it's still open, or we can head back into Duquette for dinner, and head back out after we top off the gas tanks.

We'll stop multiple times during the ride to ensure that everyone is still with the group. Nemadji is a little bigger than Red Top. So this would be the perfect opportunity for someone to get a quick snack in if they want to bring something along for the ride.

Just to let you guys know the Outpost was burned down this winter. They have not started to rebuild yet so don't plan on going there for gas or food. Hopefully it will be up before deer hunting.

I'm heading up tonight so if anyone see's me say "Hi". I'll be in a Maroonish F350 crew cab with an atv rack in the bed and the atv sits above the bed rails. See you tonight or tomorrow.

Keep your eye out for me and my neighbor. We'll be the guys guys on Hondas that look like a couple of pack mules. Rather than drive all the way up were gonna park south of there and ride up the Gandy. We may or may not see you guys so have a good ride guys. At least it won't be dusty by the sound of it.

Well, It didn't rain.....much at all.....It was dusty.

It was nice though, not too many wheelers in our way. The group stayed together and we had a nice ride. I suppose we got about 60 miles, eh guys?

It was nice to meet a few new people and I hope we can plan another ride again.

I didn't get any pictures or video because it was so dusty and we were "on the throttle" quite a bit. wink.gif

How many guys showed up for the ride? We watched for bigger groups but only saw about half a dozen small ones. More motorcycles than anything. My buddy and I put on nearly 120 miles by the time we got back, but by the end of the day we were wishing for rain.

There were 6 of us. It was a good ride at 60 miles. To be honest the trails are kinda boring. I couldn't imagine 120 miles with a bunch of them on the gandy.

Anyways, here's some pics of how dirty it was.

100_0621.jpg

100_0622.jpg

100_0623.jpg

100_0624.jpg

I think we'll need an oil change also! confused.giftongue.gif

Well, I tore the whole thing apart and didn't find anything wrong with the impeller, lines or thermostat. I believe I had a blown fuse on my fan but not sure. Need to test it. The only conclusion I have come to was a flow restriction in one of the new couplings I put on with the new radiator kit. Of all things I found a washer lodged in hose adapter on the outlet side of the radiator. Hopefully that was it but I am still not hopeful, but we'll see.

Was good to meet you guys anyways and it was nice camping up there Friday night.

I will be up at the Outlaw Grass Drags on Sunday in Princeton for the ATV event they have assuming mine is running by then.

MN650,

sorry things didn't work out for ya this weekend. As Roofer mentioned, the trails were very dusty. My lungs look twice as bad as Roofer's air cleaner. Some of the trails I haven't been on before so I was easily getting lost. Thanks for leaving the trail map behind. That helped out a lot. I should have brought one of mine along.

Roofer also mentioned about checking your jetting. If you did an exhaust mod, you might be running lean, causing your machine to overheat.

Thanks to those who made it. I had a great time and a big thanks to Preddyfast and the Mrs for their hospitality.

I pulled my plugs yesterday as well and they have a nice light tan look to them. So that looks good.

We'll hook up on another ride in the future. Good meeting everyone that was there.

Well guys, I know I had a good time!! All the years I have rode the trails have never been groomed. Was a real nice treat to fly through the coners without hitting a hole the size of a VW. If ya want pictures that my wife took(at every stop!!) just send me your e-mail address so I can send em. [email protected] The wife and I will be back to Nemadji again for Labor Day weekend Saturday then on to Outing for Sunday and Monday.