• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Too late to seed?

TKO_PUNCH

I seeded a half acre last week and it is doing great.

If the soil is prepped and ready for seed I say go for it. put down some starter fertilizer after you seed and water it in good and keep the soil moist. I would apply starter again after a couple weeks to push the grass to grow fast. worry about weeds after you start mowing.

I have decided to wait until late Aug/early Sept to seed my non-established lawn. Now half of my current yard has an established lawn. My next question is: Can I apply weed-n-feed fertilizer now and then overseed my currently established lawn in late Aug or should I hold of on the fertilizer?

TKO, is it possible that what you are seeing in your lawn is maybe quackgrass? if so i would spray with round up before you plan to seed.

If unsure if it is quackgrass, google quackgrass and maybe get some pics to compare it with what you have growing.

If your budget allows i would rent a tractor and brillion seeder after the yard is prepped.

If unable to get tractor and seeder, you can get by with broadcasting the seed and lightly drag the seed in to the soil. (a piece of chainlink fence works well for this)