• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new bows

basskid

I need a new bow. Ive been looking quite a bit at a Fred Bear Instinct or Element. Was looking for any advice about these bows. Or any other suggestions for bows around 300-400

dollars. I am just moving up to an adult size bow so im thinking around 50 maybe 60 pounds. However, i also shoot left handed. Any advice would be great. Thanks

If you want to stay in that price range, look at the PSE line. I am just getting back into bow hunting and I bought a PSE Firestorm Lite NRG. It is a shorter bow being about 30" axle to axle, but a very forgiving 8 3/4" brace height.

Price was in that 350 range. After all said and done with sights, rest, quiver, arrows, etc. I ended up about 550 invested. I have been shooting alot and really like it. Smooth for the money, and reasonable quick too.

Did shoot some others I liked more, but in my case I set a limit and did the best I could for that money.

I have to save some for a few fishing trips I have planned for the year, plus twins that are graduating, etc,etc.

Priorities, priorities, I am told that once in a while.

Good luck.

Like Harv said.. Get into a proshop and shoot. Check out Cabin Fever if you are in that part of the state.

Finding a LH bow may be a little more difficult. But it will also depend on your draw length. I often times have to order my LH bows. Which makes it a little harder to shoot them first.

And down worry about ordering a bow that is 50-60. I'm 36 and still order bows in that poundage. I hunt at about 57 lbs...

I have an Instinct, I can't say anything negative about it. Try them out, I also liked the element. Cabela's in Rogers had both a month ago, I beleive in LH, check em out, they will set up and let you shoot them. Good luck, for every person there will be a different opinion, best is to check em out on your own and find what you like. Brent

my lil brother just bought a forge woodsman ready to shoot for 530. i bought my forge a year ago, its not as smooth as a mathews, but its just as fast and quiet.