• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Rod & Gear Bag

Grabs

I would like to state my satisfaction with not only the Croxton Pond bag, but the service you get when ordering gear through this site!!

Thanks Rick for assisting me in re-building my ice gear, starting with a new bag and pack-o-Angel Eyes!!!!

The service was quick enough for me to get back on the ice again!! This time, I might have to chain everything to my belt!!!

Jim W

I also bought the bag and it was great for the three weeks that I owned it. The bag was lifted from my topper a couple of weeks ago. The bag organizes everything nicely but it also makes it easy to steal. If your wondering, I did leave my topper open for the 20 minute stop that I made but the bastards also smashed my passenger side window and snatched my quad parka and bibs so I am assuming that they would have smashed my topper glass also. I have a $500 deductible and lost apprx $400 in gear. Someone remind me why a pay insurance? :-| At least I did not lose the vex and the auger. In summary, I love the bag and intend to buy another but my one lonely rod will be all thats in it for now. Who has the best spring sales for ice gear?

signed,
bitter but smarter

Bummer about the bag being ripped off along with your other gear. Some people just have zero morals...

The Bag is a great piece of work. I've had mine for a year and it is worth every penny. Now it just needs a water-tight minnow pouch and I'm all set!

I purchased mine last year. Only Problem I have is that I wish I had the Cordura on mine instead of vinyl. I love this bag. All my buddies gave me dump for spending $40.00 bucks on a bag to carry gear. Then we went to the Brainerd Ice fishing contest. I had 4 Rods all my tackle, a case of beer and food!!! I straped in on my back and I was king!!!! This bag rocks, what an idea!!!

------------------

Rick, my wife came thru for me and got me the bag AND she gave to me a week early (on Valentine's Day - see Ricks post above) since I'm packing for a trip to Red Lake this weekend! What a sweetheart!
I was up at 2 am packing it with my 6 rods, 2 fishboxes, misc fishing stuff, spare gloves,the Outdoor News, and I still have room to spare! We'll see how it works this weekend!!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Renewing this topic. Please note the bag is Cordura and not Vinyl anymore.

It wears and handle much nicer that the model form 2 years ago.

Last years model was Cordura.

[NOTE FROM RICK]You can see the Gear bags by
Clicking here.

Wow sounds like i need to get me one of these things. But i do have one question, if you don't need to put your gear in pales anymore what do you sit on?? I was just wondering what you guys used. Thanks
Brian

Who sits on pails anymore smile.gif

Give me a lightweight folding chair or the seat that comes with my portable. Or I'm so busy running and gunning, don't have time to site.

I have tubes in my bag to slide my rods in place with the lures on em. They are like golf club tubes with a cover that hooks in place.

I love that bag. Can even wear it like a backpack when hole jumping.

Everything handy and right at my fingertips smile.gif

I do bring a pail with. Comes in handy to put fish in. grin.gif

You can see the Bag by clicking here.

A lot of you have bags now...
What do you think?

This bag is awesome!! I read about these all last winter on this site and was debating whether or not to get one... As soon as I saw one I bought it (sorry Rick).
I started out with the usual 5 gallon bucket mess, then graduated to the pipe insulation rod covers ( still in the buckets). After chasing those tubes accross the lake a few times, I knew there had to be a better way.
It is amazing the amount of stuff that will fit into these bags. They are also easy to keep clean..... Last season on my last trip of the year I threw a bag of frozen shinners into my rod bag. Of course I forgot about them..... about two weeks later my wife wants to know if there is a dead mouse or something in my stuff room.... the light bulb goes on and I looked in my bag to find a baggie of brown goo.... Everything in the bag smelled real bad to say the least. After two scrubbings with little change I sprinkled baking soda in the bag and closed it up.... no smell, no stains and back to being a great piece of equipment.
Everyone who sees it wants one.
This is just my .02 but I like mine so much I had to type something. -nunzio

I love this bag. Right behind my Vexilar, I think this is my favorite and most useful icefishing accessory. It's easy to keep your equipment organized with this bag. It holds everything--and then some.

hawgTime

I've been using the large Croxton Pond gear bag for a couple years now and don't know how I ever got by without it. I'm the type of angler that likes to take everything along except the kitchen sink and this bag allows me to do just that. Might have to get one for each species though. Then I'd be even more organized......Greg C.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

All right numnzio,
ya big traitor smile.gif

Seriously though, I love these rod and gear bags. Once you have one, ya sure don't want to go back.

They make it so easy to be organized and ready to get into any ice fishing situation.

I kid you not, when your friends see you out using this bag, they'll be asking where they can get one.

Be sure to tell em they can be had right here.

Fast delivery too smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-01-2002).]

Mr. Clusiau knows his stuff...one of the Premiere Guides in the North Country!!!

Once you own the Ice Fishing Rod and Gear Bag, you'll never go back to hauling your rods, tackle, and gear in a bucket again.

Just bought one last fall. How do you organize your compartments? Maybe a better question is, what things should you not put together in the same compartment, like ice skimmer and rods. Do you use some cloth packing materials to keep the rods from anything else you put in the main compartment? Any ideas appreciated...
I'm separating my walleye and perch jigs from panfish jigs so I don't need to lug both batches around.