• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OPEN WATER REPORTS SPRING 2007

Todd just saw your post. Somebody called late Monday night, John Todd? Tyler forgot to write it down. It looks like I will be good to go Saturday morning for the opener afterall. Rosa said Amanda's party will not be until later in the day like 5 or 6 p.m. I can forget Sunday., Amanda's movie party with friends 12-3 p.m and 7 p.m.umpire meeting (mandatory). Let's look at Saturday Todd whatta you say? Tuzzy will be in the creek with his brother they slammed em in there last spring.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy that wasn't me that called but it sounds like you're going walleye fishing on Saturday? Well it looks like the stripers are FINALLY showing up now in the Hudson towards Albany grin.gif Couple 43"ers caught yesterday down towards Catskill. This makes it tough now because walleye starts but we also have the chance at a 50lb plus striper for a very short time and you've got to try to get em while you can.

That's big striper right there John...

Todd, Donny and I are going out for the opener, can't wait, One box top water and one box grubs, one rod, and one mission --- FUN! Gonna bring the digital for the slaughter something about taking those night bite pictures. grin.gif I hope everyone has a great opener. Getting stoked hear for it Larry has een counting down th days til the opener for the last two weeks and he will be at his usual spot below the dam on Delta. One more day! Give em hell boys!

Fished off shore last night caught 6 smallmouth 3 slime darts and 4 eyes by accident before it was even dark only fished for a hour. LET THE FESTIVITYS BEGIN cool.gifgrin.gif.I recieved my new fillet knife today from CUTCO fishermans solution.WOW THIS KNIFE IS VERY SHARP RASOR BLADE SHARP.Lets see how it stands up to cleaning alot of fish I will put it to the test grin.gif.

Well good luck to everyone this weekend, some of us gotta work!!! And frankie, no fish on the greens, they are in the water......

Went to a local pond last night to see how the Largies were doing. And ended up catching 4 from 1lb to maybe 3lbs.... All on Lizards. pumpkin and junebug colors. Seen a big one Crusin the shallows maybe 6lbs plus, but she wouldnt even look at the lizard. here's' the boy with one he still won't hold them up!!

Tight lines and bang'em this weekend boy's!

f_0503071559am_485fb5f.jpg

Yeah, i'm sure you'all be thinking of me..... laughing that i'm not out there more like it!!! Good luck and remember it's just me and the little guy...... and he loves fish........... and we can't go....... and the doc said if he don't get fresh walleye he may...... well he will..... I can't say........sigh......sigh........sniffle...........sniffle...........grin.gif

I better see some good picks!!! and throw a silver buddy just once for me!! HA

Yeah throw that silver buddy on the bank! "sigh . . .sniffle, sniffle" . . .now you sound like his Mother . . .DOH!!! Trailer is registered . . picking the Skeet up at 5:30. Timmie that roar you hear at 6 will be the engine turning over in the driveway . . . time to wake the neighbors . . . at least once.

Quote:

Timmie that roar you hear at 6 will be the engine turning over in the driveway . . . time to wake the neighbors . . . at least once.

Yeah Frank I can deal with the roar a whole lot easier than the A-Bombs you drop in my office blush.gifgrin.gif

Todd I'll call you when I get done with my game. Van is loaded just gotta throw the Strikemaster bibs on, it's gonna be chilly out there 39 deg. and west wind which should be dead calm by the time we start casting. It's gonna be a slaughter! Remind me to make sure I bring the camera, see ya tonight...

Todd - Just ordered 96 ct. of silver and black 5" K grubs in two tone black and silver and 25 1/8 oz. plain heads from BFishN. Todd I'll take care of you, least I can do. wink.gif

Todd - Dude I forgot to call you back, no go ooops Mothers Day Sunday, I forgot. frown.gif Call you tonight..

Talked to coach last night we start playing next Tuesday in Floyd so basically this weekend is messed.

Haliman and I hit Silver Lake yesterday in my boat from around noon to four. We had a great time. Haliman caught the first fish in the first 15 minutes of fishing--a pike around 20". Then it was my turn about 10 minutes later with a 30" that inhaled my Rat-L-Trap halfway to its belly. I didn't have a leader, but the 6lb P-Line CX Premium line somehow didn't get cut off from the nice battle I had.

Then we fished a few other spots with no luck, and decided to hit the north end outlet cove. I found the water up there to be 63 degrees, so I thought that I should try an Excalibur top water for some pre-spawn Largemouths. Well, it was a blast.....I had about a dozen 'explosions' up there, but I only landed 2 bass. They seemed to be coming up short from the post cold front conditions we had. But, there were some hogs in there. Haliman, on the other hand, was fishing for those tree fish about 12 feet above the water.

Then, at the end of the day, I hooked into a goose.....that wasn't fun. The darn thing attacked my topwater lure. I must have casted a little too close to her nest and she was [PoorWordUsage]ed. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

We didn't have a camera in the boat, but Haliman had one in his truck. He kept the pike (it wouldn't have made it because of the inhaled lure.)

pikecf2.jpg

Way to go Big Johnny sounds like you guys had a a great time and that 6 lb. P-Line passed a serious test on that gator. I love that topwater stuff that's always fun to see fish break surface. Great report Johnny.

Went to Onieda Wendsday for the eye's and didn't get out till bout 8:30. Went to a "Great" spot that i was told of and didn't touch a fish. Hot, sunny and little wind..... so the walleye were "off today i guess, so i took the parents in shallow to sight fish for some bass. Went to the island by southshore launch to get out of the wind a little. Caught a few and mom caught her first ever!! dad could only manage a few Rockies!! HA!! So here is mom with two of hers. the Largemouth she thought was a Snag!! I even caught a sheephead and bullhead on a craw pastic!! and here a a few of mine to boot, water behide the island was 60+ and out on the main it was 58-ish...... that's for that hot spot!! smile.gif we fished from 3 foot to 30, even hit shacklton, the blades let me down.....

f_Momm_cf3d328.jpg

f_mem_5b74eb5.jpg

I can't say "who" gave me that spot, but it is a closly guarded "Secret" , cause of all the eye's......... and yeah now an impeller and pumps......... I know where you can get a gently used chamion!!

And we need to get out and do some of that sight fishing before they are gone!!

Nice fish guys nothing like the fight of a smallie the big O produces some nice smallmouth bass.They do like to eat perch and small walleyes a few yrs ago I caught a 21 inch smallie that had a 8 to 10 inch walleye in its YAP plus my lure what a HOG grin.gif.

Thanks timmy for posting my pictures now I have DSL at the present time maybe you can talk me through the posting.I am pretty green at this internet stuff.Hows that knee doing after the games I hope it feels better soon so you can go fish some pannies let me know when you are up for it.Thanks again Bud. Thunderman out cool.gif

It feels a little better today Todd, thanks can't bend it to far back yet but hopefully soon. We got a pretty good storm headed are way today and a night off from ball would be a blessing. wink.gif Last night was an easy night, had to work two games and the first one was a forfeit and the second won was a 5 inning 15 run rule job, so I had an easy night. This comming weekend is out for fishing, working a 16U fastpitch tourney Fri and Sun and on Saturday it's Tyler HS graduation and the neighbors grad party so well relax and work on those elbow lifts den grin.gif

Tuszzy is fishing Oneida Saturday but him and Joe will be down around the east end of the lake. Haven't gotten the hair from Hutch yet, hopefully soon...