• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OPEN WATER REPORTS SPRING 2007

Tim it looks like I am flipping you off holding that last fish. grin.gifWe had to work hard for these fish but it was worth it. Tim thanks for the pizza and company I think you brought me better luck when I came in to pick you up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice perch guys! Dad and I headed down to PA, today was the trout opener. We fished till mid-day and got about 20 trout. Nothing big, all in the 10-12 inch range. No picts but I did get some nice video of dad getting some fish. Now I just need to figure out how to transfer them onto here?...

Hey, did you guys get pizza and wings as well ?? I missed out on pizza and perch, what a drag. At any rate, i'm working this weekend so I can get wed-sunday off this week. I need to fill my freezer with perch till the wally's start up. The walleye spawn is 2 weeks behind last year, theres gonna be a ton of fish in streams,rivers, and shallow this year i'm thinking. Opening night will be a hoot i'm sure.

The hatchery in Constantia is in business and has some big heifers in there, some are like 12-14 lbs. Great day to take the kids out if you have them for a day trip. You will figure out fast what is breaking your 8lb test line in the summer, when you see some of these pigs in the tanks.

Het Todd, I will be out wednesday and will send a report if I don't see you at hank's place.

TO Tim

No fishing report to give from New Mexico . . .weather was just like here!! So I guess I did not miss anything. Saw Cabela's has Frenzy's on sale. . .$1.99 . . .yeah like I need more. They do have chicken wings in New Mexico . . .I smelled em!!

ToT - Todd was getting hungry since the perch really weren't grin.gif. So I picked up a pizza on the way to meet him. The opener should be pretty good with things backed up the way they are. The opener isn't looking much better for me Amanda's family birthday party Saturday and were doing a movie with Amanda and he friends on Sunday, so it's looking like evening missions for eyes those days.

Dark Cloud - I forgot what camera make you have but Big Johnny Ice is pretty good with that stuff give him a call.

Thunderman, Dark Cloud, Tank and I did some perching today on the Big O. It was a slow pick all day but we managed 54 nice perch between the two boats. Dark Cloud released quite a few walleyes. Drop shot minnow rigs again and a beautiful day to be on the water. Jay also caught a nice pickerel too, Here's some shots...

Tank and Dark Cloud early morning and Dark Cloud holding a dandy eye...

1000501cq7.jpg

Tank with a perch

1000502ww6.jpg

Todd with a nice one

1000503nx4.jpg

Todd releasing a nice 20" waldo...

1000504fq1.jpg

How you guys doin on minnows?

1000505uu2.jpg

Livewell shot, nice grin.gif

1000506rc9.jpg

Jay we were to far away and it was fully extended the zoom, that's all she had... No you don't look like Santa at all, you just eat like him. grin.gif Hey Todd's calling you guys with the full report. Give em heck if you make the trip up...

Hey I missed you pirates out there, what a heluva weekend. I just don't want to go to work at all today, but I hit the lottery with the fish. Heres a pic of Thursday, got the same or more Friday and Saturday. Nice stack of filets in the freezer for sure, I guess the sunfish and crappies are next on the hit list. Glad to see you guys made it up for the spring perch fishing, it's a real great time.

2003100015592023384_th.jpg

TO Tim

Went down our camp yesterday for an overnighter. Dad powerwashed the place for a new paintjob in a few weeks. We did some stream trout fishing. I got my best small stream brownie, right at 20 inches. No memory stick in the camera so I got this one pict on my cell. We just ate it and it was delish. Fileted out each side and left the skin on. A little salt on them, then drizzled some butter and shaked on some seasoned breadcrumbs. Under the broiler for 12 min....

equinunktroutrq4.jpg

Went to Delta Sunday during the rain then wind then sun. Of coarse it was High and muddy, main lake was better clarity then up river. Managed 4 walleye by accident and three perch, two Jumbos and one 9 incher. Casting a blade bait up shallow then woring it down the slope on the main lake points, hoping to catch smoe smallies, but none showed. A few boats out. big the wind did pound me in the open water.Temp was anywhere from 47 to 49. getting close for those basses!! f_Pearchm_af45e29.jpg

Jay,nice brown I use to catch alot of those behind my house when I was a kid.I dont trout fish any more but chittenango creek is 75yds behind my house there is some nice trout in there.The eyes are still biteing very well should be a good opener cool.gif.Is the water still high down there it is still high up here.

Thunder - Water levels are looking good down here, unless we get too much rain this week we'll be in good shape come the opener...

Timmy - You been quiet? Whats your take on the draft? Guess id be happy if I was a Browns fan...

Busy buddy had a 10 U game last night. Actually I am pretty stoked gonna have a sit down meal with the family tonight after I get Tyler mow's the lawn and I change the oil in Momma's van. Tomorrow another 10U game, Thursday I have to ump in Whitestown, Friday in Rome, Saturday and Sunday are Amanda's birthday parties.

Draft Grade - A

I didn't see much of the draft but I do like what we did. that cornerback Eric Wright in the 3rd round maybe the steal for day one this guy easily could have been a top 15 pick a bit more talented than Revis but at a 3rd pick, that's good value there.

Brady Quinn is the new hotty round here Rosa and Tina think he's a hunk. But the best pick was Joe Thomas, you know bud your only as good as your front 7 and with sighning Pro Bowl Guard Steinbeck away from Cincinnatti in the off season and McKinney from Miami I think they will be able to move Tucker possibly back to guard and Shaeffer to right tackle and that may be the best offensive line that the Browns have put on the field since they returned. The one thing we didn't do is give Jamaal Lewis any help at RB. But other than that I'm smiling until the first day of training camp when one of these guys slip's on a banana peal and is out for some time. frown.gif I say cancel training camp altogether in Cleveland every year someone get's seriously injured. This could be Romeo's last year and the "Chin" is at the top of the list of potential future candidates, we love Cowher always have.