• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok guys I'm a little confused. I'm looking at some magazines with recent pictures of people and their 5 walleyes from Oneida and then I started looking back at the pictures on here and noticed a few people with their 5 walleyes but here is the confusing part. The daily limit for walleyes on Oneida is 3, what am I missing here? confused.gif I have seen so many pictures of people with 5 fish and knew something wasn't right and it finally clicked and had to go look in the regulation book.

Three fish . . . but unfortunately there are a few that think as long as they don't get caught it is ok to have more . . . too frequent a practice and lots of company. Only takes a bad year or two of reproduction and the fishery is severely impacted . . .and the limit is changed . . .maybe back to 18 inches and maybe 18 plus only 1. Some people never think ahead.

That was mine and pops fish but had I stayed longer and caught more I might have caught and kept 5 because I thought it was 5 fish until someone told it was but not in Oneida.

Do you know that free NY fish & Game that's in all the baits shops, well I've seen several pics of people holding 5 fish from Oneida lake. I believe I've seen them in that new New York paper that I get 2 every month. I will check it out. I'm just wondering because here I am someone who hunts and fishes every free moment he gets and I was totally cofused about the limit.

The limit is 3 at 15 inches in oneida lake.The barge canal east of oneida lake from the first barrier witch i would say is above lock 22 towards rome the limit is 5 at 15 inches for walleyes thats the way i understand it in the hand book but correct me if im wrong.