• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunrises and Sunsets

Good morning and Good nite world. Sure is nice watching the sun peak up or as it falls to end a great day. Here is a few photos I was able to capture from the treestand, or off the lake.

sunruse001.jpg

This one was a sunrise taking over allens bay on cass lake.

camera003.jpg

Sunset over Bowstring lake.

camera004.jpg

This was the sunrise the morning after the morning I had shot a doe from this stand. I was waiting for light to go track the doe.

camera015.jpg

Musky Fishing on Deer Lake with my friend Tom Berschied

camera025.jpg

Fishing on trout lake near colerain again with Tom Berschied

camera080.jpg

A photo over loon lake after a summer thunderstorm... this was still early in the afternoon.

burrrset1001.jpg

Sunset across Rice lake while crappie fishing.

Please post your sunset and sunrise photos. Always enjoy looking at photos from the northland.

All the horizontal sunset/sunrise pics on this thread are so wide that I have to scroll side-to-side and sometimes up and down to view the whole image.

Not everyone has the same screen size, so to make it best for all to see your great work, if you don't go beyond 600 or 700 pixels across on horizontals and 450 pixels across on verticals, your whole image will show on one screen for all users.

Forcing someone to scroll all over the place lessens the impact of the image, which should be able to be seen in one frame, and aside from the inconvenience for some viewers with smaller screens, it's a shame to ruin really nice pics like that.

And these are really nice pics, what I can see of them. grin.gif

Posting overlarge images happens now and then, especially as new folks come to the photo sharing board, and so there is a thread stickied at the top of this board about image size guidelines for posting.

Hey Carlcmc, those are some neat photos also, You should've kept your photos larger, personally they looked nicer then. Now they look so small. I understand and respect that not everyone has photo computers but why compact a full good picture. When you shrink the photos they look so small. Be nice to be able to use the whole frame. O well what can we do about it. laugh.gif

Sorry stfcatfish for causing any inconvience. Wish I could keep my photos large because on my screen it shows up so nice. Next time I will post "liller" photos for "everyone". smirk.gif

Quote:

Sorry stfcatfish for causing any inconvience. Wish I could keep my photos large because on my screen it shows up so nice. Next time I will post "liller" photos for "everyone".

Good. It's not for me. There are others in the same boat. Your "full size" is too big for some users. You can post them whatever size you want. If you read the guidelines, you know they are just guidelines, and it's up to you.

Shiner I really like your picture from Big sky, the colors are awesome. The bone fish trip pictures just make me alil jealous. I had to laugh at your driveby MT picture, must've had some luck on your side to actually accomplish such a shot. smile.gif

Last evening with the passing of a thundersstorm brought a great ever changing sunset to the Grand Rapids area. Each photo is from the same place but only a few minutes apart.

P4221217.jpg

P4221218.jpg

P4221220.jpg

Sorry the last two photos will not resize to 640x480 for some unexplainable reason. confused.gif

Wow! How breath taking all these pictures are on this thread!

I love the sunrises (if im up for them) and I love the sunsets! Beautiful time of day!

Everyones pictures are great!!

This is a picture of Tilson Creek on Rainy Lake just as the sun was ready to set.

image.jpg

DanceswithWaves and Fishingqueen those are great photos. The thing I am always impressed is to see other people photos and then iamge being there with that person watching the view. Luck is a big part of taking some of these photos. DanceswithWaves you have a great start. I am only 22 myself. Keep the Sunsets and Sunrises coming. cool.gif