• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FSN Wild Coverage

Bryce

Anybody else annoyed with the promos they keep flashing that take up a third of the screen? Other than that, coverage is very good. Arguably the most unbiased coverage of a MN team. Rodent team coverage is almost unwatchable. Maybe with a couple more decades of rebuilding, we'll get to see some non-homer broadcast teams.

Yeah, but it sucks for those of us in South Dakota when FSN doesn't carry the Wild Games that are on 45. We don't get any of the games on 45. At least FSN picks up the Twins games that are on 45 for broadcast outside of the Channel 45 cable coverage area. We just get screwed on the Wild coverage.

And the Gophers broadcast team needs to realize that it is Fox Sports North...not Fox Sports Twin Cities. They are the home channel for the UMD, UND, SCSU, Minn State-Mankato, etc. They need to be a little more unbiased when covering those other teams in their coverage area.

For the most part, I like FSN's coverage of both the Wild and Goph's. Let's just say the Wooger's delivery is unique. Funny guy,

My two beefs are: 1) They need more commercials; they're all are the same! Remember last year with that Excel energy commercial? (Whisper) We helped save $10,000... Ugghh, saw that one 500 times.

2) And this one is unexcuse-able. Give a WCHA score update on the ticker! I don't mind watching the Gophers (UMD fan here) if that's the only college hockey shown. But would it kill them to include it in their updates that flash every 10 minutes?

Quote:

2) And this one is unexcuse-able. Give a WCHA score update on the ticker! I don't mind watching the Gophers (UMD fan here) if that's the only college hockey shown. But would it kill them to include it in their updates that flash every 10 minutes?

I totally agree with you on this one. As a SCSU fan, I usually end up trying to catch scores on the news or logging into the internet. I think many people (even Gophers fans) would appreciate more regular WCHA updates.

You're going to LOVE hockey in HD. I think HD was made for hockey. I’m not a Direct TV guy but I do get games in HD every Thursday night on HD Net. I also get the ABC games in HD that they occasionally broadcast on weekends. Usually Sundays around 2:00 I think. My brother-in-law has Direct TV and he told me that there are some games on FSN broadcast in HD but not all of them. I have not heard him mention any Gopher games but I know he's watched Wild games in HD. Make sure you get HD Net! Their HD is the only one that is broadcast in 1080i. The other channels are 720i or 720p. You can really see the difference. All the games in HD look much better than the digital or analog, but the games look almost 3D on HD Net. Good luck. You’re going to love it!

I have HDnet and those games are outstanding! Unfortunatley with Dish Network they are blocked out every time the Wild play because it's shown on FSN or Ch45. I remember there were some Ch45 HD games, but I always seem to miss them.

I was bummed that tonights game was not on TV or radio, so I clicked on my fantasy team on yahoo, and they had the game on. very cool, I still was able to watch the wild destroy buffalo tonight on the internet. grin.gif