• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best place to get used transmission?

fishtrap3

Question

Allright guys and gals, where is the best place to get a GOOD used tranny? Just put 300 dollars worth of tires on blazer and 150 miles later tranny locks up. It is a 5 speed manual. 1987 S10 4X4 BLAZER, i know it is old but motor I found out was replaced and only has right about 70000 on it. I am south of Burnsville so someplace in the south metro would be better but if really wouldnt matter that much.

Thanks

fishtrap3

12 answers to this question

I've bought parts at a junkyard in Rosemount. I can't think of the name but it's east on the county road that runs to Lakeville from 35W south of the Fleet Farm near Buck Hill.

Elsewise, there's John's Auto Parts in Blaine. You can go on their Web site and do a search to see if they have what you need.

AAA in Rosemount, I've always been impressed with there motors. I've installed several trannies from them as well with no problems.

Rogers in Cottage Grove, I've personnally bought a couple of caravan trannies from them and have been impressed with the service and quality.

airjer:

Were those trannys from Rogers for a 3.0 Mitsubishi 3 speed (96 or newer)?

I have a 96 with 270,000 reverse has been out over a year and I still run it. (lol) Don't want to put a fourth tranny in it but a good lead on a used one might be a thought.

The darn thing just wont die. Motor has been incredible and reliable as all heck.

A while back, someone showed me a "search engine" HSOforum while trying to find a set of used rims for a car of mine. It turned out to work excellent for tracking down a set of rims as I was able to search by make, model, year...part I needed and by location and distance from me.

looks like there are some reman/rebuilt tranny's for yours about 40 miles away. The salvage yard in Zumbrota showed one for 550 with a warranty.

car-part (dot) com is the site

Good luck!

Quote:

airjer:

Were those trannys from Rogers for a 3.0 Mitsubishi 3 speed (96 or newer)?

Nope. 3.3 pre 96 4 speed. These trannies are getting tuff to find used. For a while there wasn't a junk yard anywhere in the "network" that had them. All the newer ones I do get Chrysler remans.

I bought one thru Carz r uz #1 - Arlinton, Ill.... We found water in the fluid but they said they test drove it and it was good. Paid for install and it didn't work. BIG pain for refund and they didn't refund core money. Made many calls w/no help only more lies. mad.gif Got the credit card co's help for core refund. Then went to VIKING AUTO and they where great; shipped it to me- fast, 2 yr replacement warr, $200 labor insurance. When he totaled the bill he dropped the charge for the core and the trans WORKS. smile.gif Hope this helps.