• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SMOKING HOOKSET!! OUCH

toonfish

Was out last night with my brother doing some crappie fishing. My bother was working a fish on the Vex. Got a bite.......set the hook........and while setting the hook knocked his cigarette out of his mouth.....the cigarette fell straight down the front of his Carhart Bibs.....My brother continued to fight the fish to the hole while leaning forward and yelling as the cigarette got hotter and hotter inside of his bibs.....He was trying to tell me what was going on as he was fighting the fish and getting burned by his cigarette, but kept whimperring from the pain. So he gets the nicest crappie of the night inside the hole and holds it there whith one hand as he unzips his bibs with the other and dumps the cigarette out the front and on to the floor. Finally he settles down for a split second, bends down to grab the crappie and with one kick of its tail it shakes itself loose flops in the hole and swims away. smile.gif I should have grabbed it for him but I was laughing too hard.

One time I was running a grinder at work, just grinding away on some steel, and I started smelling something, looked down and my flannel shirt and my t-shirt under it were on fire. Left a nice scar on my belly, and singed my hair- that hurt a tad! I bet your brother will never forget that! crazy.gif

There was a story several years ago on this forum about a man who was cutting a hole with a power auger and smelled flesh burning. At the same time, he felt a burning sensation on his belly. He ended up describing the rest of the situation as the auger turned wildly, hitting him in the head as he went to his knees, then in the nether regions as he straightened out after getting hit in the head. This went on for some time. I sure wish I could find that story again. Anybody know where it's at? I still tear up laughing, knowing that the guy was okay in the end, of course.

Kind of reminds me the time my one buddy decided to try and tighten the screw on top of the propane lantern.(after the lantern had been lit for 2 hours). Needless to say he received a good burn on his thumb and forefinger. To soothe the pain he was soaking his thumb in one of the holes we had drilled inside the shack. My other buddy then states the classic line "Hey, get your thumb out of my ice hole" We laughed for hours...

Muskieguy....

Ive got one on a different line. My sink drain was plugged up one day and I tried to plunger it to no avail so I got to thinkin that maybe theres somthing plugeed in the goose neck, so I crawl under the sink and start to loosen the sleeve, WOOSH out comes all the water from the sink above,completely soaking me. I have never felt like such a dumb ###.My wife says "maybe you should have drained the sink 1st"....Yea good idea honey, where were ya a minute ago. confused.gif

great storys guys.

you got me thinking of a joke

This guy jumps out of a airplane and goes to pull the rip cord on his chute and nothing happens as hes falling towards the earth he looks down and sees this guy coming up at him

the guy with the chute yells at the other guy KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PARACHUTES?

the other guy yells back NO... DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLEMAN LANTERNS?