• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storage on Crank Baits

bassNspear

Just wanted to shot and see how you guys store your crank baits after using them. I have a weird way of doing it, but i wanta see what everyone else is doing. I take twist ties and fold the hooks under the bait, take the tie, and twist the hooks together, this way when you grab on lure, 40 of them dont come out at once, only that one. Whats everyone else doing.

I use the Plano storage boxes in my soft side tackle bag. Every crankbait gets its own slot. I think the box I use is 3771, its half as tall as the normal planos and allows diagonal dividers so I can pack in more baits. But of course thats not until after a couple of days sitting on the console. I like to leave the baits on the console to dry out before storage, reduces rusty hooks/split-rings.

Hi, my name is Tom and I'm an untangler..... blush.gif

I have found out that shaking them really works - sometimes they really do come apart....like on TV

As for the twist-ties - sounds like an awesome system but I can see my boat having hundreds of those things laying around on the floor. Would make it more time consuming to change plugs which is why my boat would have them littered all over the floor...I'm just too danged lazy to be that organized.

Daze Off

Bass,

I use the Falcon organizers. The trebles lay below the bait and if you have the right bait in the right box the trebles can't tangle. They have several sizes based on different sized crank baits. The thing I really like about them is they are thinner then a Plano and you can fit almost twice as many in the same area as Plano's. Check them out, they really make things a breeze. A little more expensive then the Plano but worth the extra money!

I have quite a few crankbait boxes... and will usually only bring along the boxes I think I will be using that day. Then if I know I will be using quite a bit of cranks I will pack a seperate box that isn't nearly as full with the "starters"...so I dont spend as much time untangling. Otherwise, I'm an untangler too...I havnt found a box that can hold enough crankbaits that doesnt take up too much room for the number of baits that it holds?...

I have a soft sided tackle box that has 8 of those boxes. I bought a few of the sealed boxes to. Work well, but I have (depending on the size of said crankbait) up to 5 or 6 per compartment so yes a tangled mess it can be. I have 2 crankbait boxes. The box that I use and the box that I don't tongue.gif