• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Round Baitcaster????

bnbrk94

Hey fellas. Just starting my search for a round baitcaster for pike in canada and also pulling spinners for walleyes occasionally. What do you think of the round pflueger trion or the ambasseduer c3. Just looking for opinions if anybody has either one. Dont plan on doing a ton of casting with it so really dont want the more expensive models. Thanks in advance.

The Record is a much better reel than the D series that Abu put out the year before. I'm not sure if it's built tough enough to handle the big heavy hard pulling baits we have today.

Abu has a new reel this year that reminds me of the Morrum, it's the EXT, it's advertised as "Far more than a one season reel"

We will see. cool.gif

I have two records and put many hours on them this summer and into this past November. They worked hard and haven't had any problems with them. In November we were fishing them covered in ice. The line was failing, but the reels kept ticking. The main difference is that they are much smoother and have a solid grip if you palm the reel comapred to the 5500's or 6600's that have that plastic on the tops now. This is a sort of metal piece with a rubber grip, but is much sturdier. It also seems to cast a little further.

The Trion is a great reel. I have 2 that my freinds use when they are in my boat. Smooth and dependable, the only thing is that I wish they were a little more solid when throwing really big baits but you won't have to deal with that for Northerns. I did have a problem with the thumb bar on one of them but thats it.

Really for the money and what you are using them for, both are great reels. But I would go with the Trion.

Also, for about $50 more I would have to say that the record is the best Reel out there for the money.

John

Thanks for all the replies. I had a chance to get to sportsmans warehouse and play with a few reels. The trion was nice and so were the abu's. The abu record was the smoothest operating reel that I tried. I was pretty impressed with that reel. Just waiting to see if there are any sales coming up this spring....