• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chuby darters

fishingman93

When jigging chubbies, I tend to do about a 12=18 inch fast lift and then let it fall. This usually bring in fish on the vex, but then I am not sure if I should continue the same jigging motion, slow it down when fish are there, or stop it for a few seconds. What works for others?

I also use this lure without a minnow. Once I see a fish on the locator I give it some quick raps and then raise it up a foot ot two and let it free fall. The walleyes seem to hammer it on the way down.

Quote:

When jigging chubbies, I tend to do about a 12=18 inch fast lift and then let it fall. This usually bring in fish on the vex, but then I am not sure if I should continue the same jigging motion, slow it down when fish are there, or stop it for a few seconds. What works for others?

Depends on the mood of the fish. SOmetimes aonther rip will trigger a strike on the fall. Other thimes letting it sit there just twitching it will get the strike. My favorite is gradually lifting it up with short 1-3 inch lifts. That one has been very good for me! laugh.gif

The instructions on the package state that if you tip them, tip them on the rear hook so it doesn't affect the action. I recently bought several darters but have never caught anything on them but I suspect the reason for that is that the fish were nailing fat boys with a minnow and I never bothered to use the darters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never have tipped any of my chubbies. Actually caught a lot of pike on them just on saturday. Was going for walleye's and pulled out 6 pike. 1-42" 2-26" 1-22" 1-20" 1-19.5" Really [PoorWordUsage]ed me off. But everyone else that was fishing wasn't even catching anything, so at least it gave me some action durring the day. Maybe if I put a minnow on it the eyes would come????????? blush.gif Really good question what should a guy do confused.gif