• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ross Bow

broken line

I recently purchased a Ross bow after not shooting arrows for quite some time. In just a week of shooting, I am quite happy with its performance so far. Wondering what experience anybody has had with Ross, good or bad. Some reviews I just read seemed questionable, citing that Ross is a small company and not established. I hope I did the right thing. Opinions appreciated.

I personally dont know anything about Ross,good or bad.I will say if you are happy with it and you can shoot it well,then it should work just fine for you.

Take the bow and go do some shooting and hunting and enjoy it.Remember one thing,there was a time when Mathews and the rest were small and not heard of or established also.That does not make Ross a bad product.

Good luck with your new bow.

I also purchased a Ross bow this year and it is my first year bow hunting. I really like the bow and it has worked very well for me. However, they are a small company that is growing very fast. My brother had to special order a lefty and it took 4-5 months for them to make it and deliver it to him. It was close whether he would get it in time for the season or not and he ordered it in May! That is the only concern that I would have. The quality is excellent though!

Broken Line,the Ross that you just picked up is a great bow.I would say that it is as good as a mathews it just is a few feet slower and does not come with the little extra's. One thing that Ross does come with is Winners Choice strings and cables which are probably the best out there. I shot one out at Cabin Fever last week and was more than happy with the way it shot and felt. Good luck shooting.

I shot 5 different bows this last weekend and the Ross 331 was a close second to the Drenalin by Mathews. The Drenalin has a fibration in the grip after you shot but I think could be fixed with a stabelizer, I am not real comfortable with a factory bow with a fibration out of the box . Next was the new Fred Bear but the grip didn't fit me right, nice shooting bow though. I shot the new Vectrix and Hoyt claims its there smoothest yet, but it didn't compare to the ross or mathews. I tryed the new Elite, this is a dual cam bow that is long and extremely fast, 328 FPS @ 70 lbs and my 30 inch draw with a hunting arrow set up. Better eat your wheaties though, tough pull back. The Drenilin shot with a hunting set up @ 313 fps, quick and lite, and the vectrix was @ 308, and the Fred Bear was 304. Ross was under 300 fps. I spent over 2 hours shooting the new bows, for this spring I want to get a new one and want to shoot the best each comapny has to offer. I am leaning toward the Ross 331 now not just because it is $250 less than a Drenalin, but I felt this bow is extremly accurate, smooth and felt like and extension of my hand.