• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where are we hunting this weekend then?

2B for myself between Finley and Hatton. I can't wait I think I like ND deer season better than MN and I never thought I would say that. Noon on Fri can come soon enough. I just love getting out with the guys and having a good hunt. Everyone be safe out there and get a big one. Thanks to the state of ND they only allowed me a doe tag for this season frown.gif so I am a little disappointed but it will still be a fun hunt I am sure smile.gif.

South of Leonard as always and along the Sheyenne river and Sheyenne National Grasslands.

Good luck to all.The big boys should be starting to run pretty good.Lets hope for cooler weather for the weekend.

I really look forward to this hunt as we all get together once a year including the Residense hunters that come with us.Its a great time and party. cool.gif

Got my flat top this afternoon. Wished I could say a buck but the Game and Fish thought otherwise for me this year and did give me buck. And Marine_Man is at my house so he is trying to get some luck rubbed off on him so he is ready for the morning tongue.gif.

Man our party did pretty well this year. We hunted a total of 9 hours to fill out our 8 tags. Then again we only had two buck tags this year that a made a difference for sure. No big pig bucks but two decent ones and the rest of our does were pretty nice as well. After we finished up I said what I am I going to do this next weekend since I planned to hunt.

I got my doe yesterday afternoon. I had no problem seeing deer, just finding one that was big enough. I don't think I have ever seen as many deer as I did this year. It was nice to have today to get it all cut up and put away. Next weekend will be getting all the ice stuff ready. It shouldn't be too long before we are fishing hard water.

Well everybody filled their buck tags but not too many does. We saw way more bucks than does. It seems the bucks just know who to run out in front of. I had an amazing double drop-tine 5x5 come trotting out in front of me. We kicked it up a second time and the only guy with with a buck tag missed it at 20 yards. Once in a lifetime buck for sure. Hopefully the G and F decides to give me a buck tag next year.