• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NetFlix

vizsla01

I've been using them for two years. They are prompt on getting the movies to you. The trick is, if you want a new release make sure you have your movies back to them on Monday so they can ship the new release on Monday. I usually ship mine back by Saturday's mail call.

When I was looking, I compared NetFlix and Blockbuster. I decided on Blockbuster since I got two additional in-store rentals free each month for the same price. And recently, they have added the option of returning your movies to a local store for exchanges. No need to use the mail system anymore. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds promising. Aside from that, I think the quality of each service is great.

Living 12 miles from the video store, we chose NetFlix. We are pretty happy with it. We have received a broken DVD, so we just followed instructions, and received the replacement in the mail the same day we returned the other one. Their customer service is pretty good from what we've experienced.

Quote:

The trick is, if you want a new release make sure you have your movies back to them on Monday so they can ship the new release on Monday. I usually ship mine back by Saturday's mail call.

I second this. This has worked to get the new releases in the mail on Tuesday. They are also prompt in replacing the rare cracked/unplayable movie that comes. I've had the service for about 2 1/2 yrs and I don't know what we did without it. We used to return a lot of movies we rented but didn't get a chance to watch.

If you ship the movies back too quick, they wait to send you your next movies. That is why I dropped them and am now going with Blockbuster. There were quite a few articles in the various business sections about Netflix doing this. With Blockbuster I have 3 movies mailed to me, I can return them to the store, take 3 movies from the store at no charge, plus they ship me 3 more right away. Works for me!

I live within two miles of at least four movie rental places but I would just as soon have a prostate exam than visit any one of them; always a line, limited selection and poor customer service at every one that I have been to... NetFlix however has been great. I really like it for the kids, we don't watch much TV so when the box is on it is useually playing a movie. With NetFlix we always have two kids/family movies that we can pull out when needs be... no more Finding Nemo thirteen times a day.