• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Video Game Suggestions??

joe_stack20

Well on Novenber 21st I am going in for complete ACL reconstructive surgery....so iwill be layed up for awhile I have a PS2. Havent played it a whole lot (thats what kids and hunting season does to a guy) But now since i wont be moving around too much i am thinking that the PS2 is going to get its use...Any suggestions as far as good qualtiy games go? I am into Sports big time but i also like to dabble in the "Mystery " games as well...Any suggestions for me would be great!

My favorites are the Tiger Woods golf games. They are all fun and you could pick up the 2005 and 2006 versions pretty cheap now. I haven't played 2007 yet, waiting for the ps3 to come out. Have fun good luck with the surgery.

I would go with the new Tiger Woods or a Hockey game.

Boy ACL surgery, I just had mine done back in March, new ACL and I had a partial tear in my MCL. I was layed up on the couch for 3 weeks. Good thing was while I was out the Winter Olympics was on and not getting any sleep I was able to watch all the Hockey games starting at 4:30am. All I can say is good luck, I know what you will be going through and feeling like..

I know you didnt mention it, but games like Grand Theft Auto or even The Godfather are fun when you have alot of time...the missions are fun, and on GTA its free roam..just a suggestion

good luck with surgery

Hey Joe. Sorry to hear about the bum knee. You'll have to talk to my mom next weekend, she had ACL surgery a couple summers ago. Not sure if it was complete reconstructive though. As for video games, I would also suggest a Tiger Woods game and one of the Grand Theft Autos. I played one of the Tiger Woods games a couple years ago, that was a lot of fun. And I have Grand Theft Auto Vice City if you want to borrow it, that was fun too. One of my roommates has a game called Guitar Hero, that game is seriously fun and addicting. Other than that, I'm not too sure. I don't use my PS2 very much anymore. What sort of specs does your computer have? I might be able to suggest a few PC games for you.

Eric

Eric i hear you are making it up to Fergus for the Party this weekend. As soon as my bros and i heard that we were all excited...its gonna be a fun time..cant wait to see ya and throw back a few cold ones! see ya this weekend

Sounds like a plan Joe. I've been looking forward to this since your dad emailed me about it. Not sure what time I will get there, it depends on what time I wake up Saturday after the halloween party I'm going to Friday night. But I'll be there.

I'll toss in my two cents here. The only game I ever play on my PS2 is FIFA Soccer. The new 2007 game just came out a couple weeks back, and it's awesome. I tore my ACL and partially tore my MCL too, playing soccer in Jan 2005. be careful with that baby while it heals. Mine didn't feel 100% until almost a whole year later. I couldn't even play softball after 6 months without tweaking it awkwardly. It'll be a delicate ligament for quite a while, so don't risk tearing it again. I don't know why these idiots like Daunte Culpepper tear their knees up and try to walk back onto the field 6 months later.

Sorry I'm no video game player, but I just wanted to give you a heads up since my son went thru this a yr ago. He had a complete reconstuction done where they took off his kneecap etc. The pain will probably be more than you will believe. Use the ice machine and wear the brace. Take it slow and do whatever the docs say and when you get to doing the rehab, STICK WITH IT and DO THE HOME EXERCISES. Yes, I'm preaching and it is for your own good. Make up your mind right now to do whatever you need to FOR YOURSELF! I ain't talk-ing. This is nothing to be taken lightly. Put in the effort for your own well-being years from now.

I have confidence you will come through it okay - it just ain't no walk in the park!

PS You just got to get some fishing game on your pc to play.