• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vacation Pictures

Way to bring back images from an awesome place!! I wish I had my D200 for all the times I've been over there, so many cool sights... ie.. Pearl Harbor, Haunauma Bay, Dukes on Waikiki beach, Blowhole spout, Turtle Bay on the north shore and that huge rock people jump off into the tide, the incredible sunsets, Diamond head crater, the Manoa waterfalls, Hidden waterfalls... I think you put a bug in my head to get back there, thank you!

Turtle is alive and well. They come up on shore in the afternoon to sleep I guess. During the morning they are out swimming.

Yeah we had a good time. We went to Maui last year. I will post more pics when I get a chance.

You brought back fond memories for me as well! In your top picture, you can see the hotel my husband and I stayed at in 2004. It was the first time I had flown anywhere, but I think it was worth it!

Great pictures, thank you for sharing them!

Ah yes, Hanauma Bay, the Missouri and Arizona... where else are your pics from? That one isn't blowhole spout by any chance is it? Oh how I could have been a beach bum! I should get my old film pics turned into a digital format and post them. grin.gif

Yes that is the blowhole in the 3rd pic from top. We were around the Island twice. Saw Dole Plantation, Coconut Island (where Gilligans Island was filmed)Jurassic Park filming site, Magnum P.I. Gate, Arizona, Random beach shots, Waimae Beach, much more.

Speaking of Cocunut Island, me and a buddy who lived on Oahu for years rented kayaks and went out to that island! I actually have an 8x10 picture of it framed in my basement! I was so freaked out that there were possibly sharks under us and we were in this tiny kayak!! It looks like you took your earlier picture of Waikiki on top of Diamond Head or Cocoa head crater, is that a good guess? I really think Ouhu gets overlooked by alot of people, they think of Maui as the glamoure place to go. I think people who travel to Hawaii(oahu) just don't spend enough time exploring the island and all of it's beautiful locations. If you have more pics post them!! Did you go to Sacred or Manoa falls? I had heard they closed one of them because of huge rocks falling.

We did not see any waterfalls. The Honolulu picture of the buildings was in fact taken from Diamond Head.

What we noticed is not many people rent cars. We did and ventured out on our own. Saw many things that I wouldn't have seen by staying in Waikiki.

I will post more pics as I get a chance

Nice Pics!!!

Have been to Hawaii 3 times. To Maui, Oahu, and Kauai.

Kauai is definatly my favorite of all of them. It is just unbelievable. Will go back soon. The scenery is by far some of the best in the world. Not as crowded as the rest of the islands also.

Oh yeah fishin isn't to shabby either. smirk.gif