• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3

hanson

Quote:

regardless of the outcome I know I wont have wasted $$$ for paperview like I did on the last fight

Amen to that. Thats the one tough part about paying to watch a real fight. You're always guarenteed the whole show when you watch wrestling but boxing and UFC etc you never know if it will go to a decision or a 30sec KO.

I'm gonna be going back and forth between this and the Wild game.

Thankfully with the UFC, they usually have a couple other good fights lined up for the night besides the main event. You usually get your money out of a couple of them.

A bunch of the Ulimate Fighter guys are fighting tonight as well... Kendall Grove, Ed Herman, Matt Hamill, Seth Petruzelli, and maybe a few more I missed. Will be interesting to see how far they've come since the show.

UFC64 is this weekend as well. I won't be buying that one. A guy can only have so many PPVs on his monthly cable bill! shocked.gif The Franklin vs. Silva fight could be a good one.

OMG what a waste of time! Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the other fights. I was at the girlfriend's place and there was no way she was going to watch that. I did get to watch the 10 seconds of the Ortiz/Shamrock fight. YAWN! Who ever told Ken he could still fight should be ashamed of themselves. Both of these guys have acted like total goons during the whole thing. It was nice to see they buried the hatchet and showed eachother some respect. I hope Ortiz enjoys this win because Chuck Liddell is going to knock his head off.

Shamrock commented to Ortiz after the fight that "They'd made a lot of money together."

It is entertainment, not exactly professional wrestling but they definitely played it up for the crowd a little bit.

I was under the impression that Liddell had a fight lined up with Vandele Silva from Pride Fighting. Maybe it got cancelled but I remember on the Arlovsky/Silvia III pay per view they had the WWE type atmosphere where Silva ran in the ring and made a scene. Maybe because Ortiz beat Silva a few years back they decided to forgo that fight, who knows. This isn't saying I don't want to see a Ortiz/Liddell rematch, it would be great but I would have much rather seen Liddell/Silva instead of Liddell/Bobalu. We all knew what the outcome of that contest was gonna be. Oh well, it was nice to see a few of the guys from TUF 3 get in the ring again last night. One last tidbit...I really hope some of the heavyweight fighters from Pride Fighting get signed on by the UFC. If the whole division of heavyweights came over, Tim Silvia would probably be ranked fourth or fifth and his stay as champion would be short lived. They are all well rounded fighters and have exceptional hands. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to the 'Snowman' Monson against Silvia. If only Frank Mier was half the fighter he was before his accident, the heavyweight division would have some life in it. I'll shut up now.