• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Ultimate Panfish League - Ice Fishing

Matt Johnson

The dates and locations are set for this winter's Ultimate Panfish League...

Saturday, December 30 - Linwood Lake

Saturday, January 27 - Chisago Lake

Sunday, February 18 - Lake Sarah

Sunday, March 11 - Turtle Lake

Registration is now open for the events. More info can be found on the www.UltimatePanfish.com website, or feel free to post any questions right here.

Let's hope for an early winter this year smile.gif

Anything accessable without going on land to get there. So if you want to fish the channel or shoot over to South Lindstrom then that's fine as long as you stay on the ice... it's pretty laid back and it's intended for fun, so we're not too picky. We value the honor system smile.gif

I can't wait for the UPL again! Last winter was sooo much fun!

Looks like this winter I have a couple lakes that I need to learn about though. shocked.gif

I wonder if I can get Corey to join Team Hanson again. wink.gif

I also have some lake learning to do. Turtle is the only lake I have fished on the line up. March will be a good time for Turtle with the fish sliding up shallow and that clear water and cabbage patches can make for some good sight fishing. Had a big pike cruise by my hole and steal my Shrimpo last year late ice. I will be gunning for him this year to get my $.60 back grin.gif

Hey Matt, what the deal with the absence of Knife Lake? Haha. Kind of a drive I know. Sorry, I have a thing for that lake. See the gill in my avatar wink.gif

Hopefully my weekends will work out a little better this winter so I can make a few more events.

Ahh yes... someone is always trying to be sneaky grin.gif I suppose we'll have to limit it to Chisago and South Lindstrom smile.gif

I'm also looking forward to the upcoming UPL season. Always seems to be a good time had by all. Linwood seemed to be a good early ice spot and everyone caught fish. Turtle was a great late ice spot and there are a lot of good fishing spots within walking distance, a lot of nice fish caught there as well. Sarah and Chisago seem to fit right into that category as top-notch panfish lakes, so they should also prove to be excellent outings.

Now all we need is a little ice (yeah, I know, Corey is gonna get on my case again for saying that wink.gif)

Cut-it-out Matt! grin.gif Ice fishing is a long ways away!

I'll try and see if the League fits Bailey's Basketball schedule. I would like to do most if not all of the events. I'll let you know what I find out Chris. Someone's gotta give Matt a run for his money! grin.gif

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Quote:

Hey Matt, what the deal with the absence of Knife Lake? Haha. Kind of a drive I know. Sorry, I have a thing for that lake

Shhh.... tommyk wink.gif

Those aren't the only things in that lake.

Joe and I will need to do a better job of getting to more of these. crazy.gif

It was making ice in my duck boat yesterday. No extension needed. ooo.gif

Going now to buy some new winter boots on sale at G.M. My 22 year old sorel caribou's have seen their better days.