• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I.C,E Events??

Yep, all the current dates and locations are listed on the bottom of the www.IceLeaders.com homepage.

This year we will not be having competitions, but rather fun get togethers where we'll have experienced guides taking people out on the body of water for a day of fishing. A lot of our Pro Staff will be at the events and it'll be a more laid back atmosphere full of fun and tips! Basically just a chance to fish an outstanding destination and enjoy a day on the ice with fellow anglers! smile.gif

I hope that I can make it to a couple of ICE events this year. I would love to go out with some guys who could pass on some of their ice fishing IQ. It never ceases to amaze how much people on this site know about fishing and equipment.

I just wasn't one of the locations that someone was willing to host. Nothing against the destination, as we all know LOW is a phenomenal winter fishery.

However, this doesn't mean we can't have one on LOW. All of these IceLeader events are Get Togethers and are non-competitive, so anyone is open to host an event.

If you want to host an event on LOW let me know and we can set some dates and locations...

mnfishinguy Keep your eyes peeled for a LOW trip on the LOW forum. There will probably be some kind of get together this winter. It will probably be rather informal. I know we did a get together last year in early Dec. There were less people there than I expected to see but those of us that were there had a good time. Ok lets see for me the fun started with a frozen transmission after hitting a slush hole. A broken GPS after thawing out my tranny. A hole in my brand new fish house. Oh well the cost of fun right.

I don't know the reason for sure. But I tell you one thing that the get togethers can be lots of fun without having to have competion involved. Some people will shy away from entering contest but will come to get togethers. I am not sure of their reasoning because I have fun either way. I myself was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a larger turn out last year for the Lake of the Woods contest.

I guess my 2 cents is definitely because of the turn out.

I've been going to all these I.C.E. events for the last 3 years now and it just seamed like less and less people even though the prizes and giveaways were getting better and better. Last year at Lake of the Woods, top 3 prizes were a Marcum flasher, NilsMaster auger, and an Otter ice shack along with all sorts of other great prizes in a random drawing from Todays Tackle, Scenic Tackle, Stone Legacy, Arctic Fisherman, etc, etc. Pretty much everyone walks away with something and thats the way it has been for years now!

Most of us that help out at these events are doing it on a volunteer basis. We love to ice fish, we love talking ice fishing, and we love helping out fellow anglers as well.

We are going to continue to do that but the competition factor will be eliminated. There are a great number of events spread around the state this winter so hopefully there is one that is within a short drive for some anglers to attend.