• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bobber fishing with the Redheads

Nice shots Duffman...the light and color on the third one are great. Our lab is no longer permitted on the good ship after jumping in after a Musky bait...kind of turns my stomache to think about the what-ifs. He didn't take kindly to being tied to the center post either. But, there's a hundred pounds out of your way at least.

Nice looking hound Buzz! I've always been a fan of the red GR's vs the blonde GR's.

MNice....

The boat has worked out great, but I still find myself using the canoe a lot. Are you taking the dog out in the canoe?

jerkin'm:

Sorry to hear about the inevitable. Been there, done that a few times myself. It always sucks. frown.gif

But one of the coolest things about goldens is they're such a fantastic breed that there are pups all OVER the place out there. Jerk one in for yourself and start a whole new chapter.

The three years of trips to the U of M, many surgeries, chemo, etc. kind of killed my desire to have another dog. The painful decision of when it was time for her to go are still very fresh in my memory. They are the greatest dogs out there but I couldn't bear to go through what we had to with our last one again. Maybe when my two kids are old enough to beg and plead for one we'll see.... grin.gif

Duffman, because of the wind I didn't make it out this weekend at all frown.gif I have taken the dog with me almost all the time, both in the canoe or in the boat, and only one time she decided to take a swim out of the canoe laugh.gif

jerkin'm....

I know somewhat how you feel, before Chestnut we had Cayenne. Cayenne was stricken with canine lymphoma at the tender age of 5. We lost her about 6 months later, I've never felt so crushed in all my life.

Even for a golden, she was a special one, she could understand over a hundred words. Her best trick was the cookie trick. I could give her a 6" diameter chocolate chip cookie and tell her to bring it to Bushwac, and then he would get a somewhat moist cookie deposited in his lap nary a crumb missing. I'd like to see a lab do that. Man, I miss her.

Hopefully a new Golden will grace you and your family sometime in the near future.