• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Going to be heading up to a friends cabin in the siren area.. just wondering if someone could help me out on a lake to fish in the hayward area.. fished yellow lake a bunch of times with no luck.. just looking for a good chance with a ski.. If anyone could help me out with a good lake to fish i would appreciate it very much.. thanks..

I'd say Moose Lake is your best bet up there for numbers of muskies. Also a relatively 'easy' lake to go on and fish. On the other end of the spectrum would be LCO, (I can't spell the durn thing, Lac Court Orielles??), Round, or Grindstone. All clear waters with big fish but tough to fish. Other options are Teal, Ghost, Lost Land, the Chipp Flowage. Good luck.

Moose is a pretty easy lake. I haven't been up there since early summer and the lake was low then...Not sure on the size of your boat, but it will handle big boats, just be careful because it is shallow and full of stumps--unless you are in the middle of the lake.

It is a stained lake, so you won't see many follows...UNLESS you throw topwaters, which work very very well here. Globes are a good producer for us when fishing it. Bucktails work well also. Purple/silver or brown/copper.

Great numbers lake but not many fatties...

Good luck.

Lots of lakes to choose from... Tiger Cat... Moose... Sissabagama... Sand... Lost Land.. Teal... are all in Sawyer and have good populations of musky and a good chance at catching one...

Also, the Clams, Mineral, Day, and English in Ashland county offer a good chance as well...