• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hail storm, baseball size

The Lil Mrs was at work today during the hail storm that ripped through Northfield. Here are a couple pictures, one of the storm and one of mama's truck. Notice that ALL of the cars in the parking lot are missing their back windows except mama's truck. The windshield however is quite another story. I am afraid that the INS company may total the truck... it is a 2000 but the dang thing is in excelent condition! Oh well, at least mama is OK! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

0226vk9.jpg

001ul1.jpg

Welll... After seeing the news last night I guess we were pretty lucky, the car is a lot easier to replace than the homes that the folks lost in Nicollet, CLeveland, and Kasota. I was in St Peter for the tornado in '98 and let me tell ya, TV pictures do not do the destruction justice, it is 100 times worse than they look. Was sorry to hear of the one person killed and thankfully there were only minor injuries other than that. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Yeah, it was wild for while here. Was taping the clouds

growing fast outside and noticed a funnel hanging out of

a wall cloud. Ran out front into a field to try get more

tape. Well, it was so humid, the dewpoint around 80 my lens

on my camcorder fogged over. Only caught about 15 sec.

worth looking at. Thank god it south and east of us here

in New Ulm. Poor folks out towards Nicolet and Cleveland. frown.gif

Had no idea that storm chasers from all across the country

were using the New Ulm airport as starting point for the

chase. Guess they hit the jackpot waiting on it here. Airport

is only 1 mile west of me. wink.gif

Yeah... the wife called before the storm was even over and they are not going to be here till Friday to look at the vehilce. Kind of upsetting! The thing just sits out there reminding the Lil Mrs that her baby has been hurt real bad! Looked at some nice used Trail Blazers over the weekend. Kind of like them... more room than the Jimmy that's for sure. Have a good one././Jimbo

Hail is definately damaging. Thing is, I'm kinda looking for a truck that has seen some hail. I don't have a lot of money for a new ride but would be willing to fix someone's hail and possibly help them out of a damaged truck too.

Good luck with your insurance company,

Corey Bechtold

Try the car dealers in Northfield. Thing you want to be careful of though is if the inside got wet you may end up with a serious mold problem. Also they will come with a salvage title and you can not get full coverage insurance on that. Ours never got wet on the inside so it is good to go. This morning the Lil Mrs was talking of keeping the thing. Would be nice not to have a car payment for a while! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

I don’t know if I was lucky or what, but I bought a Taurus with a salvage title and totaled it out on a suicidal deer with antlers last fall. I was allowed to have full coverage on it and received more from the insurance company than we paid for the car. I was worried about this issue before I purchased the vehicle and questioned the insurance agent on it more than once, but in the end we had full coverage and no questions asked when the vehicle was totaled. Was I lucky?

I called Northfield today and they didn't get hit with hail. Apparently it fell 1 mile away from them. I guess the only way I can find a truck that needs some help is to check the repairable section in the paper or maybe some online auctions.

Let me know if you know anybody that got hail like you and might be willing to sell me their truck. Preferrably a 1998-2001 Chevrolet 1500 with 3 or 4 doors. Miles is a non issue for me as is the salvage title.

Thanks,

Corey Bechtold

Quote:

I called Northfield today and they didn't get hit with hail. Apparently it fell 1 mile away from them.

Thanks,

Corey Bechtold

Don't know who you called in Northfield but I know that Dokmo did not have a sellable car on their lot after the storm. One of the guys that comes into the pub works there and they had sent him home. Will let ya know if I hear of anything././Jimbo

I live 3 blocks from downtown Northfield, and I can tell you we definitely DID get hit with hail. A few of the hail stones were larger than baseballs. I have one dent in my Expedition that I can fit my fist into. The rest of the dents are more golfball to baseball sized. $8,000 damage to my vehicle, and I'm still getting quotes on replacing the entire roof, gutters and siding on my home. I've never seen hail that large.

As for the salvage title deal as long as the vehicle is in good shape.....no dents, no scrathes..... you can obtain full coverage on the vehicle if you wish from most insurers.....

I got a truck at Dokmo, pretty good deal, but I also drove down to Faribault and checked out Southside auto. they have a number of trucks that are in need of repair including a 2004 f150 crew cab....I would say for about 15K it would be up and running..........