• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Outdoors... Hunting!!!

Otter Outdoors is proud to introduce 8 new layout/field blinds for the 2006-07 hunting season. X-TERMINATOR (available now); DESTROYER and all HAYBALE BLINDS will be available approx. mid September,. PREDATOR, PREDATOR XCS, & PREDATOR COMPLETE PACKAGE will be available approx. October 1st.

For more info on Otter Layout and Field Blinds - CLICK-HERE

Also visit www.OtterOutdoors.com to see their full line of ice fishing portable fish houses, ATV accessories, dock accessories, kayaks, and more!

I like the looks of X-terminator and Destroyer blinds. I would fully expect the quality to be high being that it comes from Otter. But, the standout feature on both of them is there's a place to stash your dog at your feet. Now that is one cool looking layout blind.

Here's more info and press releases on the line of Otter Outdoor hunting products...

OTTER OUTDOORS …HUNTING LINE EXPLOSION !!

2-ManHaybale6-13-06.jpg

2-man Haybale Blind

3-ManHaybale6-13-06.jpg

3-man Haybale Blind

MAPLE LAKE, Minnesota—April 12, 2006

Otter Outdoors…one of the industries largest manufacturers of multi-season, hunting, ice fishing, and marine products, once again, blows away the competition with the exciting new acquisition of layout blinds & haybale blinds and accessories from Gooseview industries! Now..not only does Otter offer a full line of virtually indestructible waterfowl hunting boats, trailers, & accessories, but Otter is proud to include a full line of layout blinds including: The X-Terminator, The Destroyer,

The Crusher, and 2-man, 3-man, and Outfitter Haybale Blinds. New blind accessories include Quick Covers,

Snow Roofs, Quack & Gillie Grasses, Interior Shelving, and Wind Support Poles! Otter Outdoors, #1 in quality and innovation, is now your 1-stop, waterfowl hunting shop !!

For more information contact Otter Outdoors, 411 West Congress Street,

Maple Lake, MN 55358, 877-466-8837 or www.otteroutdoors.com.

THE X-TERMINATOR…the backpack blind, by Otter Outdoors

Xterminator6-13-06.jpg

MAPLE LAKE, Minnesota—June 21, 2006

Otter Outdoors introduces, THE X-TERMINATOR…one of 8 new blinds for the 2006 season ! At under 14 LBS, THE X-TERMINATOR is the lightest of any full-frame blinds on the market! Exclusive, low-profile aircraft aluminum frame folds to an incredible 44” L x W x 4” H in under 5 seconds for easy backpacking & transport. Waterproof / windproof 900 Denier polyester body with sewn-on nylon web vegetation straps . 1800 Denier polyester floor. Double spring-loaded roof flips open instantly. Generous cockpit with comfortable chiropractor-approved backrest and seat cushion.

Zippered dog door provides easy cleaning and effective dog concealment.

For more features & available patterns, visit www.otteroutdoors.com!

Dimensions: Setup: 86”L x 30”W x 16.5” H ; Stored: 44”L x 26”W x 4”H. For more information contact Otter Outdoors, toll free 1- 877-466-8847

PREDATOR

Newpredator6-12-06.jpg

Hunt in all types of conditions with the Predator by Otter Outdoors. This comfortable, contoured, low-profile blind is constructed of extremely tough and indestructible polyethylene plastic, that will not only withstand years of abuse, but will also keep you warm and dry in the wettest and muddiest fields. Equipped with features including a foam-filled head rest, spring-loaded back rest (allows you to spring into action), storage compartment below backrest, rigid side-walls for easy in/out, shoulder-elbow areas, flush-mounted shell holders, stabilizing pockets, and custom foot locks, the Predator provides hours of comfort and readiness to spring into action!

PREDATOR XCS (optional flip-open blind for the Predator)

PredatorXCS6-12-06.jpg

The New PREDATOR XCS (XTREME COVER SYSTEM) features a low-profile design with unobstructed vision for you & your dog ! Extremely durable & waterproof 900 denier fabric constructed with a strong yet light aluminum frame. Flip-open lid with 2 openings, and side & end skirting for better concealment. Stubble straps for natural vegetation blends into any surroundings. Easy access side flagging holes.

Available Colors: Mossy Oak Shadow Grass , FarmLand Cornbelt, Farmland Gold, & Advantage Max-4

Also available: Predator XCS Complete Package

(package includes Predator XCS flip-open blind + Predator Polyethylene Layout Blind.).

Fellow FM'er Gissert and I purchased the Otter X-Terminator blinds with Mossy Oak Shadow Grass pattern just in time for the hunting season. We hit the fields this weekend hoping to bag some geese, and bonus ducks.

I've hunted in a few different field blinds on the market and I thought I had the ultimate blind picked out until Otter released this model recently. I am thoroughly impressed with the design and quality of the blind. I found the top doors swing fully open with hardly any effort to give a good clean shot without it in the way. The doors have bungy straps that swing the doors and hold them in place in the open and closed position. Let's not forget to mention the $199 retail price! It is an affordable blind that has a lot of extras. cool.gif

Here's a picture of the X-Terminator in the corn field. There are plenty of vegetation straps to weave any kind of natural cover all over the entire blind.

Otterhunt026.jpg

The underside of the blind with the 1800 Denier polyester floor, and backpack straps. The blind does fold up nicely for easy backpacking, and it IS extremely lightweight.

Otterhunt017.jpg

Two shotshell holders on each side of the inside of the blind. I was impressed that these holders were removable with velcro for easy loading shells and always in a spot that they won't get lost.

XTshells.jpg

The camouflage fabric screens on the top of the doors for easy viewing into the skies without the birds detecting our face. This was a huge asset with the sunshine on this particular day.

Otterhunt013.jpg

These blinds worked great for us to get our 2 geese each, and one bonus wood duck. grin.gif

Giss1.jpg

Giss2.jpg

I also shot a little video from my camera from inside the blind as the birds worked our spread. Those geese had no problem committing to our spread while we were concealed. grin.gif Click here:X-Terminator

www.otter.com

Great hunt Chuck! We will certainly have to do it again. I can't say enough good things about the X-Terminator blind. The video was shot with Chuck's digital camera, so you know those those birds are CLOSE. Yes, that is me missing badly at the flaring bird on the first video grin.gif In the second part, if you watch closely, you can see the lowest bird start to fold and tumble. This was the last bird of our hunt. They had no clue we were there, and all four of our birds were shot with their heads forward and their feet down.

I have sung the praises of Otter's SX series trailers here before. I have used mine for tons of chores and heavy duty hauling. This was the first time I had a chance to use it on a hunt. It held two dozen wind sock decoys, some super magnum shells, a dozen feather flex decoys, two dozen silhouettes, our guns, shells, and blinds. This made for an easy setup with out the long trips back to carry stuff out. If you have permission to use an ATV in the field, this makes a great way to have a fantastic setup with minimum effort.

OtterSR.jpg

Here is a link to some of the other chores I have put this trailer through. Very rugged, and it has handled every task with ease. It loads easily into the back of a truck with two people.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=799504&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I too will vouch for the x-terminator blind. It can't be beat for low profile and compactability/light weight.

I bought mine two years ago from Gooseview.

Does anybody are Gooseview and Otter owned by the same people or did they combine or reach an agreement because all of these blinds are identical to one sold by Gooseview. Both Otter and Gooseview sell ice fishing shelters so I found it odd that they would sell identical blinds.

Either way if you are in the market for a blind the x-terminator is the way to go. A tip to, if you are near a Cabelas you can order them through there and avoid the shipping cost.