• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rubber boots?

fishin58

I am looking at buying some rubber boots for early season and for middle season what do people recommend for thinsulate does it matter if you have 1200 gram boot for early season someone please explain the heat index for rubber boots.

I have a pair of non-insulated that I use for early season and then when the below freezing temps hit I switch to my 1200 gram. Your feet might get a little warm using the 1200 gram early season but it shouldn't be too bad. My 1200 gram will keep the feet warm in the teens temps if I'm moving a little bit.

I used non-insulated boots till about 20 degrees. As it got colder I wore wool socks with a poly pro liner. I am a warm person and my feet sweat even in below zero (too much info?!?). If you're an average person or get cold easily then the 800-1200 gram boots may be necessary. Once it got real cold I was wearing pak boots anyway.