• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whaa choo looking at Willis?

It's always fun trying to figure out what settings to have your camera at when your taking pics of Hummingbirds, but when all of the sudden you have one flying next to one that is stationary you need to react quickly to change up the focal area & ISO and hope the subjects are still around...

I got lucky. cool.gif

hummydouble2jx2.jpg

Then I was working on getting these elusive Kingfishers and of course they keep eluding me so I settled for Wood ducks.

woodieangel2ys5.jpg

woodiehenangel2kd4.jpg

That woodie looks like a conductor leading an unseen orchestra. grin.gif

And doesn't chance favor a prepared mind when it comes to capturing a fleeting moment, like with those hummers? And luck? Luck doesn't do much good unless you put yourself in a position to take advantage of it. grin.gif

Anyone who masters basic techniques and has good equipment and an eye for composition can take excellent portraits of animals/birds. That is the least demanding. To catch behavior shots like these with spot on exposure and nice composition is climbing to the next level. Good work.

Quote:

Then I was working on getting these elusive Kingfishers and of course they keep eluding me so I settled for Wood ducks.

Settle for wood ducks? They are the coolest birds out there! Well my opinion may be skewed a bit by the memories they evoke. Thanks for sharing, once again great pictures! Luv them Woodies! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

awwwww, and I thought the thread title was gonna need a new name. tongue.gif It does get frustrating when you know your waiting on an action shot and your ISO is up to where you can get 1/1250 sec and then a bird lands right in front of you and you want that ISO 100 or 200 and as soon as you blink that bird is gone, can't these camera's learn to read our minds? It's like playing baseball, your at bat sitting dead red on the fastball and that dang change up comes... you get my point. I got some neat shots of Goldfinches on Thistle tonight... I'll get them PP'd and get em' up later.

Anyways, thank you guys for the compliments... it feels good hearing them. laugh.gif

Well, Buzz, don't get a big head. I know a few shooters who actually are making a living at nature photography who don't have your eye, and you've come faster in a year's time than anyone I've ever seen, but that just means more is expected of you. blush.gif

Now you sound like my wife and my boss. tongue.gifgrin.gif Thanks again, I appreciate it Steve... it's a hobby I'm starting to get pretty serious about... I hope to have enough decent photo's to start my own HSOforum this fall or early winter and my wives good friend is a web designer so I get the heavy discount I'm told (yee haw).