• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Vermilion misc shots

Just spent a relaxing week at Lake Vermilion, first part for family gathering, second relaxation (fishing). Here are a few images from my week out of the many taken. Fishing was very good, numerous walleyes, smallmouth (20" largest), but no muskies for me frown.gif

Greeted with a thunderstorm early one morning as we got up to fish.

86538831-L.jpg

And no I did not play around with the saturation on this one, it is mostly as I shot.

86538842-L.jpg

Boat houses on Stuntz Bay taken at mid-morning but for some reason I found it interesting.

86538856-L.jpg

There are more loons on that lake than you can shake a stick at. These guys did not want me close, so I obliged them though I would have preferred a much closer shot.

86538866-L.jpg

86538311-L.jpg

The sunrises and sunsets are more than worth getting up for in the morning or staying up for at night. Not sure these do them justice, but a small sampling non the less.

86538323-L.jpg

86538814-L.jpg

86538825-L.jpg

Hope to be back up there in a few weeks for more fishing action, maybe a muskie then smile.gif

We got hit hard with a bad storm last Monday, sunk a few boats at the resort I was at, knocked down trees, some small hail, it was as nasty a storm I have been through in quite some time. These clouds were actually from the day before, they just missed us.

Very nice pics, I was up on Vermillion saturday and sunday myself.

Quote:

There are more loons on that lake than you can shake a stick at.

That is the way all the northern lakes are this year. I have seen more loons this summer than I ever have in the past.

Quote:

That is the way all the northern lakes are this year. I have seen more loons this summer than I ever have in the past.

They must be making a big recovery after that lead ban went into effect tongue.gif

Sledneck you are right, the loons were howling all night at the cabin on the east end we were at. They were smaller groups of about 4 to 8, but they could make some noise. Thank goodness I was tired from wrestling fish in the boat all day long grin.gif

I find the #3 boathouse pic an interesting subject as well....maybe because it is a lot more interesting that the newer boatlifts the litter the modern shoreline. Some different lighting and composing might make it pop a little more.