• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nightscape

...from the Guthrie Theatre. Cool place to get some elevated pics of the Stone Arch Bridge.

Nightshots are rather tricky for me and my S2 IS camera. I never know how long to keep the shutter open. I'm limited to 15 seconds max with this camera. Especially with a plastic mini desktop tripod that the camrea is a bit too heavy for. The camera "krept" down on the tripod.

Anyway, here is my atempt, not excellent, but not all that bad for a first hurried downtown attempt. Will be better with more practice.

IMG_0035.jpg

Exif Data:

File size: 121520 bytes

File date: 2006:08:02 22:49:36

Camera make: Canon

Camera model: Canon PowerShot S2 IS

Date/Time: 2006:08:02 22:30:59

Resolution: 512 x 384

Flash used: No

Focal length: 23.2mm (35mm equivalent: 146mm)

CCD width: 5.72mm

Exposure time: 8.000 s

Aperture: f/6.3

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: matrix

Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

Very nice, fun, shot. I see you used the Canon auto-exposure bracketing (AEB). That seems like a great feature...I set mine this way most of the time. I wonder how many other Canoneers use this feature?

Thanks guys, I've been working on these night shots with all sorts of differing lighting conditions. That is what has made it a challenge to learn as you go in different scenarios. Here's a few more from a recent trip, I did learn to always double check the thightness of the portable mini tripod. Those $10 tripods wrk well when traveling light, but are often problematic.

Vatican.jpg

StMarksSquare.jpg

fromhotelroom-1.jpg

Thanks! The architecture over there is unbelievable considering how old everything is.

I was on a one gelato a day mission, Vermilionfox. I had to travel there for my gelato fix. tongue.gif

First pick is of the Vatican from in front of Castle S. Angelo. The third pick is of Pisa from our htel room. I've been in roomier tents campared to that room.