• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the Shannon Lake trail (pics included)

took a ride this morning toward Sturgeon Lake just north of Chisholm...turned off onto the Shannon Lake Trail...I noticed a prior burn(DNR controlled burn) from a forest fire last year...it's amazing to watch the pine forest area re-new itself even after only one year..here's some photos from the trail...jonny grin.gif

saw these nice bucks on the way up(taken around 11:30 so the suns high,not the best for photos)

DSCF2207-2copy.jpg

think this deer learned to levitate from david blain tongue.gif

DSCF2209-2copy.jpg

I noticed the flames scorched the remaining norways

DSCF2238-2.JPG

blue-jay feather

DSCF2260-2copy.jpg

a "cabbage white" butterfly in the old burn

DSCF5405-1copy.jpg

a pretty good sized spider(not sure of the species(about 1 3/4" across)chewin on a freshly captured deer fly

DSCF2244-2copy.jpg

one ugly mutha (same spider) shocked.gif

DSCF2245-2copy.jpg

wild honeysuckle

DSCF2235-2copy.jpg

of course I gotta have a hornet(yellow jacket)pic grin.gif

DSCF2218-2copy.jpg

blue-bead lilly "clintonia"

DSCF5427-1copy.jpg

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us Jonny. I like em all. The Clintonia Borealis seems a little out of focus on the center berry (perhaps this was your intent), but like all the others I especially like the feather and arrangement.

jonny I'm a huge fan of Brandenberg.. I love your work equally. These are fantastic. Both me and my husband love the blue-jay feather. I love all of them.. ugh that spider is creepy but you did a wonderful job anyway.

thanks again for such kind comments ,Redstormy, but I certainly have a long way to go before I could ever compare my photos to Mr.Brandenberg....but having someone out there that likes my photos is the greatest reward one could ask for....a happy,appreciative, viewer.........thanks again.....jonny grin.gif