• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

elbow injury

So, i hurt my elbow a little the other day while I was shooting. I think I just strained something now it hurts a little when I swing a golf club.

I think I am pushing with left hand too much when drawing the bow. Never hurt before I got the new Matthews -- must be the way the cam works.

Thoughts?

How many pounds are you pulling..??? U might want to dial it down a few until you have gained the muscle strength/memory to draw smoothly and frequently without pain/strain. I had my XT set at 63lbs when I first started..even thou I don’t consider myself a weak guy...but it took awhile for me to build the muscle memory/strength to routinely draw my bow in a very smooth manner. I now have it maxed out 70lbs and I find it very easy to pull back. Just a thought.

I would agree with the poundage idea.You can start lower and work your way back up.If I were a weight lifter I would not start at 300 pounds but start lower and go up.Build those muscles.

Its one thing to be able to pull the heavy poundage but another to hold it steady for awhile.Another thing to remember when shooting a high poundage bow is that when it gets colder in the later season and you sit on the stand for 2 hours,it will really be tough to pull that weight as your muscles are stiff from the temps.

I agree with you guys, that is why the bow is set at about 63 pounds. I think I was just using poor technique I will pay more attention when I shoot tonight.

I preach safety but sometimes it can just happen.

it may be poor technique, or it could be the start of tennis elbow... Make sure you are holding your holding arm fairly straight and be sure you have a good stablilzer on your bow... They can do a lot to absorb a lot of vibration.> I went through a really bad stint of tennis elbow because of the vibration in the bow. I now for shooting quite a bit wear a tennis elbow wrap. It helps a ton.

Might want to try that?... but the stabilizer is a must!!!

remember this too.. dont pull with your arm.. pinch your shoulder blades together. that what you should be thinking in your head.. Pretend there is a pop can between your shoulder blades and try to crush the can. The back muscles are much stronger and more consistant than the arm.

Deitz is right on. You shouldnt be pushing and pulling with arms.

You should be able to hold your bow arm straight out and smoothly with no big jerking motion draw your bow. They recomend being able to do this with you butt flat on the ground and bow straight out....