• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow prospects

went looking a little the other night and saw the first shooter of the year. nice 8 pointer little wider than the ears and bout 8-10 in tines on him. anyone else see one they plan on hunting this year?? less then 2 months away.

Pope & Young--every night in my dreams. smile.gifI gotten two and its been awhile.Maybe this year.Last year a Boone & Crockett. smile.gif

I wont get to do any pre season scouting until the first week of bow hunting in North Dakota. frown.gif

I'm not much of a trophy hunter as many know.. I dream about them, but to be honest, I like the meat! and any deer taken with a bow is a trophy in my mind... However on my hunting land we seem to have an abundance of smaller bucks lately... Looks like another small buck for the deitz man!!!!! and you know what.. I am totally happy with that!

I agree with you Dietz about the meat.I shoot approx 4 does every year for myself and others to eat.But my buck tag is saved for the rut in hopes of a true big one.My wife really doesnt want to see another deer head in the house.Last year She told me she liked a euro mount.Less room needed.

I've picked up glassed a few smaller bucks on some local WMAs - meaning probably two year olds with 6-8 points each. I'd love to get a shot at one of them. However, my core hunting area has held more yearling bucks that stay close and the occassional 2-3 year old that wanders through. In addition to many does.

I've thought long and hard about whether I'd take a shot at a yearling buck (have a few with nice long and thick forks). I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to try and not do so depending on how the season plays out. I've got lots of does around and enjoy the meat. And I'd rather take one or two of those if possible to see if at least one of the little guys can make it past shotgun season where my neighbors will shoot anything. Nothing wrong with that. It's legal and its their choice. But I'd just like to see one or more grow even a little bigger.

Dad and I saw a nice buck the other day while picking mushrooms. Out to his ears and nice, looked like 8 pts...

We far from trophy hunt. Usually take a few does and a small buck. The past few years dad has taken nicer 2 1/2 years old bucks and I'll usually pass on small bucks early in the season then the itch gets too great to take.

Any deer with the bow is a trophy. An old doe with fawns is about the hardest thing to take, just that there are more of those than trophy class bucks...

Just checked my camera last night with my twin six-year-olds and I had one deer on it, and it was the start of a nice one.

His head was down so it was hard to tell, but it was a thick mass with four points on each side not including the brow tines. I could not see them. It is at least a 10-pointer, I would guess. BIG body. Wow. Plus HUGE neck for this time of the year.

Got me so excited that I burned the burgers on the grill and got the wife mad at me. Ah, heck it was worth it. wink.gifcool.gif