• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV snowplow

Bobcat45

Looking to put a snowplow on my 400cc Suzuki. Wanted to get a good quality plow. So far I've looked at Moose and Cycle Country. But was wondering what other people have. Seems like the moose is better, but this time of year there really not on display. Thanks for any info! Bobcat 45

I have an american eagle 60" on my 400 yahama!! I did weeks worth of research when I bought mine last winter and settled on the eagle. the eagle is kind of an off shoot of Moose. Most plows are very comparable. the eagle seemed like a very solid all around plow set up.

When i just bought my plow i was going to go with the moose plow but the dealers deal with cycle country more and they are cheaper but they all swear buy them and say they are just as comparable and a better deal.

I have a Moose 60" county plow on a sportsman 500. I clear a pretty good sized area in my backyard to allow for everyone at my place to have off street parking. My moose plow has seen seven winters of use and still looks and performs like new. The only parts that I have replaced are the mounting pins that will get bent up after a while. The blade for the moose county plow allows snow to be thrown off to the side just like the big plows on the highways.The manual lift I have doesn't lift the balde very high, but a winch would give a couple more inches. The 60" plow is heavy and does require a pretty good front suspension to keep from bottoming it out all the time. My 500cc polaris has always had plenty of power for pushing snow but could use some extra traction at times.

chains are also a must!!! I cleared a huge area with my 400 yammy last year and it did it pretty good. once I got the chains on the back tires, I noticed a huge difference!!! I now bought a plow truck, so my plow on the wheeler won't get worked quite as hard this winter!!

Ryan V I was wondering about a 60" plow I thought it might be a little to much for a 400. Either to much on a heavy snow fall or maybe to heavy in weight for a smaller machine. But I'll take a look at the American Eagle plow also. How much does a set of chains cost? Thanks Bobcat 45

You will push a 60" plow with ease.You will be dissapointed with a 48", as it doesn't clear the tires of a wheeler when angled.The 60" also makes alot shorter work of clearing the snow.Just plow in low range, and you will be plowing everything, as it is kind of "fun"!

I'd go with the 60 inch also, the only time I spin my tires with my 60" is when I'm plowing up to a huge bank or on ice. Stock tires with no chains for me. I got a Glacier plow for my Sportsman, think it's sold through Polaris dealerships.

I have a 60 in cycle country plow on my sportsman 500. It works awesome. Heavy wet snow or end of the driveway after the street plow goes by are no problem at all. Easy to install. I can do 5 driveways in 35-40 minutes were with the snow blower it would take me that long to do my own. Plus I have used the plow for move dirt and leveling some land. If you don't buy chains just soften your tire a little for better traction.

you'll push a 60" plow just fine, for most snow falls. If you have a "regular" driveway in town, no problem. I have a 100' driveway off of a highway, then when you come through the trees, my yard opens up to a huge area between my house and outbuildings. probably the better part of half acre or so. If I section it out properly, it does it, but if the snow is heavy or wet like lots of the snow we got last year, it will have trouble. I bought an old plow truck to use also after last year. my wheeler now does the "trim" work, on the cement I have, and near and around my buildings. But like I said, I have a large area to clear, for a normal driveway, you'll have no problem. Also, A set of chains should run you around $60-$70 or so. Good luck, plows are an awesome, fun tool to have around, and are relatively inexpensive. I think I paid slightly over $400 for my 60" setup, I did have to do some biccering to get it down to that price. I also had a winch on my wheeler before even looking at plows. good luck, shout out any more questions!!

I knew I shouldn't have bought a snowblower last year. I went all out and bought a "good" when and paid a ton of cash, now I have the wheeler and would like to use that. Will have to buy an add closer to winter to sell the snowblower to get a plow.

SomethingFishy I'm still thinking about getting a smaller snowblower to compliment the ATV plow. I plow the neighbors and there is a porch on one side of the garage doors and taller shrubs on the other. The doors also face the north so the snow drifts up against the garage doors. Seems like a ATV plow would not back drag the snow out of there the best. Besides I could probably use it for my own sidewalk and patio. Have a good Day Bobcat 45