• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hoyt bows?

That sounds great. Did you get to shoot it in the new store?

I have gone in twice to try and decide between the new hoyt Trykon and the Mathews switchback and I can't ever get close enought to shoot. Going to call up and see if there is a good time to sneak in there so I can shoot them both.

I loved the new Trykon and I was sure I was going to buy. Liked the looks -- etc. Glad I shot them both. I shot the Mathews Switchback at the same time and I am SOLD on the Switch. For me it felt better -- smoother.

It is Ford or Chevy and I am "a FORD tough man. That's all I drive" -- At least that is what Toby said. wink.gifcool.gif

My dad runs an archery pro shop and Hoyt's are his #1 seller up here in northern Minnesota. His rep says Matthews are more popular around the metro area, not sure why? But it boils down to is getting the bow to properly fit you, draw length wise, and feel comfortable to you.

As Dahitman44 said, it's a Chevy/Ford argument. Most companies make quality bows, just be sure to try a couple out before you buy and remember, fit is the most important thing!

Brian

"As Dahitman44 said, it's a Chevy/Ford argument. Most companies make quality bows, just be sure to try a couple out before you buy and remember, fit is the most important thing!"

Right on. I do media relations work for a living. I get a kick out of the bow "reviews" that appear in magazines like this month's Outdoor Life. Especially the ones that claim they have a look at the top 10 or whatever. A bow is a very personal choice and there are many, many out there outside of Matthews, Hoyt, and Bowtech as well that fit many, many people well and that shoot great and are dependable as heck. While these magazine reviews can be helpful in providing basic information, the bows that get reviewed are the ones made by the bow companies that spend mucho $$$ on advertising and product placements, which often ultimately influences what bows are profiled. And there's nothing wrong with that either. Hunting companies and businesses play their own part in keeping this great pasttime going. Just like to take these reviews with a grain of salt.

If you like that bow and it feels right for you and shoots well, then that's the one for you. grin.gif

Chuck --

I am with you 100 percent. I just read a 2006 bow review in one of my magazines and it said the Trykon was number one. It also said that it was better than the Matthews because with the Hoyt you can feel it when you pull it. That is way wierd. I liked the easy clean pull of the Switchback, but this guy writing the article like how hard it was to pull and the drop of the Hoyt. Strange ...

Yeah, it is Ford vs Chevy for sure.

Yep, I totally agree. 99% of the stuff you read in article reviews is dump. It's based on money and hidden motives. I've often thought about starting a consumer reports-type publication strictly for hunting and fishing products. I know tons of folks on this site would love it. However, current job, wife, kid, home, fishing, hunting- I've got plenty to keep me busy as it is.

I am going to go and shoot them both ASAP. I currently have a Hoyt and like it but Dad and one other guy from the group will be hunting with crossbows now so they need to each get one and it will be a perfect time for me to trade in my 2005 Ultra. Hope I can get a good deal on either the Trykon or a Matthews or a Bowtech. I like the parallel limb designs. Not sure of the major difference between the cam and cam and a half but will once I shoot them.

DHM,

I like it! One small thing- can you front the money and provide most of the time and effort? I'll jump on board when it really gets popular and we're making a ton of cash. Sound like a deal?

I am not really set on any one type of bow just one that will zing them to the spot I am aiming at, all the time, without operator error of course. It will be exciting to test them out. Just need to do it soon so I can be ready with a new one or the old one before bear opener on the 1st. Next week looks good.