• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Las Vegas, golf, lightning photos (8 pics)

Try Las Vegas in the summer, it was around 103F all week. These shots are from Lake Las Vegas just east of Vegas and a few miles from Lake Mead. I was intending to fish this lake but the weather changed that plan. Plenty of largemouth bass, sunfish, large carp on a private lake that is catch and release only. No motors allowed, only electric boats. Next time you get to Vegas, drive about 20 - 25 minutes from McCarran Airport and you will experience a different world.

Peninsula green, great looking golf course.

80496315-L.jpg

Closer view of that green.

80140601-L.jpg

From the 7th tee box.

80140639-L.jpg

The reason I could not get out and fish frown.gif If you are up for a challenge try shooting lightning during the daytime.

80140643-L.jpg

These were lucky shots balanced on a hotel balcony and no remote shutter release. I really need to start packing more equipment for these trips. The long extended lights are airliners inbound for McCarran landing to the west. All at f8.0, ISO 100, and anywhere from 8sec to 16sec shutter time.

80140566-L.jpg

80140567-L.jpg

80140568-L.jpg

The lights located just to right of the lightning and between the palm trees on the far right is the city of Las Vegas.

80140650-L.jpg