• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BROAD HEAD?

I recently bought Muzzy's MX-4's and they drop down and to the right every time. Yes they are the same grain as my field tips. Any advice would be helpfull thanks. I'm kinda new at this bowhunting thing it's my first year, first bow ect.

It could be a number of things. First thing I'd suggest is paper tuning your arrow with a field tip. Make sure you are getting perfect bullet holes. While paper tuning isn't the end all, it certainly gets you started in the right direction. Also, make sure your fletching has some helical in it, as helical helps the arrow fly straighter.

Don't expect your boradheads to fly the same as your field tips... often times they don't. Practice with the field tips and fine tune with the broadheads closer to hunting season. As long as they are consistant, that is what matters.

I agree with Stratosman. I had the same issue with muzzy 3 blade 100 grain heads last year. I ended up tweaking my sights for broadheads, and just shot with the practice blades for the remainder of the year. I think if you are shooting consistantly and you are satisfied that your bow is tuned properly you should be ok once you make some minor adjustments.

I agree with the others. My Muzzy's shoot about 4 inches lower every time than field points. About a month before season I switch my sights and don't change them. As long as it is consistant...don't worry about it.

I do very little adjusting with my Muzzies.I shoot 125 grain 3 blade and they only seem to drop a inch or so at 20 yards.Maybe because I shoot 65 pounds.

When it colder out and I have to sit in the cold and sometimes stiffen up from the wait,then I will drop my poundage to 55 and yes,then I have to change my sights.

Most people dont shoot high poundage which is good because if you have to hold on a deer behind brush for a while it does get hard to hold steady.I missed a chance at a huge buck once because I could not hold long enough.But it is sure nice when you have a long range shot.I had to take a Pope&Young buck at 52 yards in Montana and the extra poundage helped there.Its a lot of give and take.Looks like I got off the subject a little.Rambling on and on.

First step: Spin test your broadheads--put them on your arrows and spin them on the tip on a flat surface like a counter top or a table. Look for a wobble at the end of the arrow where it meets the broadhead. No wobble means your inserts are aligned well--wobble means the inserts are not aligned straight with the arrow shaft, or that the ferrule of the broadhead is not straight--not common but it does happen.

Step two-two options, change your sight so your broadheads hit where your pin is on the target OR

fine tune your nock point or rest position (yes, even with drop away rests). To fine tune--shoot three field point tipped arrows--then shoot a broadhead tipped arrow and compare where the broadhead tipped arrow hits the target in relation of the field points. All adjustments to arrow rest or nock point will be very small--If broadhead hits high, lower arrow rest or move your nock point up--the opposite adjustment if broadhead hits low--re shoot the broadhead after any adjustments. If broadhead hits right, move rest left a bit--opposite adjustment if broadhead hits left. Granted, moving your sight and calling it good is easier but fine tuning will improve your arrow flight a bit. For more info, consult Easton's Tuning Guide which is available for download for free on the internet.

Best of Luck!